Custom .tri not working

Hallgarth

Okay, so I created custom .tri files for the child brow. They have the same vert count as the .nif I made, and the nif fits perfectly onto the child head. The issue is that the morphs don't work at all. it's like it doesn't recognize them as .tri files. When I replace the chargen or brow .tri with the female one, it morphs but obviously not correctly. The question is why isn't it recognising the new morphs, but another .tri that doesn't have the same vert count it does recognise?

I created them essentially by removing all the vertices from the .tri that weren't on the custom brow mesh. They are exactly the same. Does removing vertices from a .tri somehow destroy its ability to morph a mesh or is it something else?

Any hep would be appreciated, thanks.

Okay, I guess nobody knows. In that case, does anyone know how to export .egm in blender. I have a nif script that says it can (.nif & .kf & .egm) but I can't figure out how to use it to export .egm if it's even possible.

Edit: okay, found that the morphs are working, but not correctly. the vert order might have been messed up, that might be the issue.

Edited by Hallgarth

I think it's probably the vert order is different. Does anyone know how to conform the vert order between a mesh and a .tri(s)? In Blender, or another program that's readily available?

If not, then this aspect of the mod I'm working on just won't be feasible.

A million thanks to whoever can help, as I'm really struggling with this. :'(

Thanks for the links. The thing is that I already know how to make the .tri files. The issue i'm having is that they don't work correctly, probably due to the verts being different. "The conformulator" would probably work if I knew how to make .egm files for the morphs I've made.

I was dumb and tried to make brow morphs by removing all the vertices except for those around the brows, and removing the same vertices on the morphs so I have the brow .nif and identical .tri

It clearly cannot be done that way which is frustrating.

I'm don't think I'm going to be able to figure it out, so for now the mod I'm working on won't have eyebrow selection, every child will have the same brow.

I found the source of the problem. It seems that Blender likes to juggle around the vert order. I have no idea how to stop it from doing it. Unless I can get it to stop moving the verts about when I save, then the whole brow thing isn't going to happen. In fact I've had enough of trying. Multiple brow selections won't be available in my mod, simple as that.