Make Your Home Multiple Adoption Friendly

Ld50365

Does this method work??

I've been trying to get adoptions to work and the closest I've got is the children say "I just need to gather my stuff... I'll meet you there..." And they never show or move from the place I last talked to them.

Also, how do you attach a basement to the main house so that the kids go into it?

I'm still learning of course, but I'm thinking maybe your house isn't navmeshed properly...or maybe not at all. NPCs can't follow you otherwise. Just a thought.

• 6 months later...

I had a few errors come up from Papyrus, but eventually got this to work. Well, I think it works given the messages received from Multiple Adoptions mod. Follow the instructions to a T in this tutorial and it does work. Thanks much Ld50365. I'll have to get you in the credits list when I finish my latest mod.

Ok, its working now :smile:

Just another questing: is it possible to make your spouse sandbox outside as well as inside?

Yes!

There is some mods that add a store outside for your spouse, but other than that, no.

Wrong, the Multiple Adoptions mod contains a Spouse Sandbox Outside package. It uses the same sandbox outside marker with the BYOHAdoption_ChildSandboxOutside keyword that the kids use, so as long as you have one of these Spouse should sandbox outside too. It only fires for custom houses and not Vanilla/HF houses though. :thumbsup:

(See PHX_CustomHomeManager quest + scripts)

Wrong, the Multiple Adoptions mod contains a Spouse Sandbox Outside package. It uses the same sandbox outside marker with the BYOHAdoption_ChildSandboxOutside keyword that the kids use, so as long as you have one of these Spouse should sandbox outside too. It only fires for custom houses and not Vanilla/HF houses though

Holy cow, I had no idea!

Is it tested?!

Damn, either I screwed up or there's more to making a player home adoption friendly. According to Multiple Adoption's mod, my home is "adoption friendly" but I can't tell any of the orphans that I own a house. I set the home as being owned by the player and assigned a lock list to it, but alas no joy. Any ideas anyone?

Its been ages since I implemented this spouse and child system for my own mod Tel Nalta II, and after following the steps from the Hearthfire Multiple adoption tutorial and then double checking everything once more with the tutorial on this topic its all working just perfect for me.

TMPhoenix even updated hes tutorial, so its got more correct info now compared to what it used to be.

So if your still getting issues, then I suggest you go through everything once more because it should all be there.

And as usual, its best to make sure your game is not corrupted in any way or maybe other mods are causing issues for you, who knows, so try testing it on a new game with minimal mods active for the best results.

Edited by Guest

Its been ages since I implemented this spouse and child system for my own mod Tel Nalta II, and after following the steps from the Hearthfire Multiple adoption tutorial and then double checking everything once more with the tutorial on this topic its all working just perfect for me.

TMPhoenix even updated hes tutorial, so its got more correct info now compared to what it used to be.

So if your still getting issues, then I suggest you go through everything once more because it should all be there.

And as usual, its best to make sure your game is not corrupted in any way or maybe other mods are causing issues for you, who knows, so try testing it on a new game with minimal mods active for the best results.

Yes the game in which I'm testing this mod on has next to no mods installed. Just the unnofficial patches, multiple adoptions mod, and some body mods. BTW, I love Lakeview Extended. It's one of my must haves, thanks much!

Damnit, this might be the problem then:

"It is strongly recommended you start a new game to use this mod. If not, you might be unable to adopt any children, because Skyrim stores the vanilla scripts in your save game if they were already running."

The game I have my mod saved on is well past the time I installed the multiple adoptions mod