Make Your Home Multiple Adoption Friendly

Ld50365

So

So after following everything, reading through the comments, starting a new game, and triple checking and running through the list, the spell still says the house isn't suitable. :sad: Ran a log and couldn't find reference to the mod. I made sure all the external stuff was in the the same cell as the home. So I'm quite unsure. I have the house cell set to player faction for ownership. Also, when I cast the spell outside, it says this isn't one of my homes.

Here is my log:

[07/29/2016 - 12:40:10AM] Papyrus log opened (PC)
[07/29/2016 - 12:40:10AM] Function GetEffectMagnitudes in the empty state on type Ingredient does not exist. Function will not be flagged as callable from tasklets.
[07/29/2016 - 12:40:10AM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)
[07/29/2016 - 12:40:10AM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 76800 (max total)
[07/29/2016 - 12:40:34AM] Cannot open store for class "isilStingGlow", missing file?
[07/29/2016 - 12:41:24AM] VM is freezing...
[07/29/2016 - 12:41:24AM] VM is frozen
[07/29/2016 - 12:41:24AM] Reverting game...
[07/29/2016 - 12:41:32AM] Loading game...
[07/29/2016 - 12:41:32AM] VM is thawing...
[07/29/2016 - 12:41:32AM] ERROR: File "Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
stack:
.Game.GetFormFromFile() - "" Line ?
[uSLEEPVersionTracking (0500F458)].USLEEP_VersionTrackingScript.ProcessRetroScripts() - "USLEEP_VersionTrackingScript.psc" Line ?
[alias Player on quest USLEEPVersionTracking (0500F458)].USLEEP_VersionTrackingAliasScript.OnPlayerLoadGame() - "USLEEP_VersionTrackingAliasScript.psc" Line ?
[07/29/2016 - 12:41:32AM] ERROR: File "Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
stack:
[uSLEEPVersionTracking (0500F458)].USLEEP_VersionTrackingScript.ProcessRetroScripts() - "USLEEP_VersionTrackingScript.psc" Line ?
[alias Player on quest USLEEPVersionTracking (0500F458)].USLEEP_VersionTrackingAliasScript.OnPlayerLoadGame() - "USLEEP_VersionTrackingAliasScript.psc" Line ?
[07/29/2016 - 12:41:32AM] ERROR: File "83Willows_101BUGS_V4_HighRes.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
stack:
[alias _WL_Player on quest _WL_CompatibilityQuest (38010162)]._WL_Compatibility.GetBUGSLoaded() - "_WL_Compatibility.psc" Line ?
[alias _WL_Player on quest _WL_CompatibilityQuest (38010162)]._WL_Compatibility.CompatibilityCheck() - "_WL_Compatibility.psc" Line ?
[alias _WL_Player on quest _WL_CompatibilityQuest (38010162)]._WL_Compatibility.OnPlayerLoadGame() - "_WL_Compatibility.psc" Line ?
[07/29/2016 - 12:41:32AM] ERROR: File "Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
stack:
[07/29/2016 - 12:41:32AM] ERROR: File "Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
stack:
[07/29/2016 - 12:41:32AM] ERROR: File "83Willows_101BUGS_V4_LowRes.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
stack:
[alias _WL_Player on quest _WL_CompatibilityQuest (38010162)]._WL_Compatibility.GetBUGSLoaded() - "_WL_Compatibility.psc" Line ?
[alias _WL_Player on quest _WL_CompatibilityQuest (38010162)]._WL_Compatibility.CompatibilityCheck() - "_WL_Compatibility.psc" Line ?
[alias _WL_Player on quest _WL_CompatibilityQuest (38010162)]._WL_Compatibility.OnPlayerLoadGame() - "_WL_Compatibility.psc" Line ?
[07/29/2016 - 12:41:32AM] ERROR: File "83Willows_101BUGS_V4_HighRes_HighSpawn.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
stack:
[07/29/2016 - 12:41:32AM] ERROR: File "83Willows_101BUGS_V4_LowerRes_HighSpawn.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
stack:
[07/29/2016 - 12:41:32AM] ERROR: File "Chesko_WearableLantern_Candle.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
stack:
[07/29/2016 - 12:41:32AM] ERROR: File "Chesko_WearableLantern_Candle_DG.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
stack:
[07/29/2016 - 12:41:32AM] ERROR: File "Chesko_WearableLantern_Guards.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
stack:
[07/29/2016 - 12:41:32AM] ERROR: File "Chesko_WearableLantern_Caravaner.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
stack:
[07/29/2016 - 12:41:44AM] VM is freezing...
[07/29/2016 - 12:41:44AM] VM is frozen

There's a ton of errors regarding missing files in that log. Skyrim is looking for the individual Unofficial Patches when USLEEP has been installed. Surely that has something to do with it. Also, the Bless Home spell is cast inside the home. The exterior cell only serves as the location so the kids "know" where to go.

Okay. I thought that usleep was all the patches in one! Okay, I'll get the individuals along with usleep. Currently reinstalling cold and starting over.

NO NO NO Brotha!, USLEEP replaces all the individual patches. That's all ya need.

So how do I get Skyrim to see USLEEP instead of trying to find each individual patch? We'll see how when this reinstall is done.

• 2 months later...

I have followed this to a T...5 times now. I've double checked, triple checked...still no go. I don't know what is wrong. I enabled the papyrus thing, but either it's not logging or I'm looking in the wrong place. So, where do the logs save to? There is a logs folder in the Skyrim program folder, but another place says it will be in documents/mygames/skyrim folder....nothing is happening in either.

I have followed this to a T...5 times now. I've double checked, triple checked...still no go. I don't know what is wrong. I enabled the papyrus thing, but either it's not logging or I'm looking in the wrong place. So, where do the logs save to? There is a logs folder in the Skyrim program folder, but another place says it will be in documents/mygames/skyrim folder....nothing is happening in either.

It's in the /documents/mygames/skyrim/ folder. Look for files names Papyrus0.log. Be sure to check the sub-folders as well.

• 1 month later...

Hi again. Decided to revisit this and try again. Now I'm not the best at sifting through papyrus logs but I think these are the only applicable components.

PHXCH - No DollMarker found!

PHXCH - No Location Center Marker found! - not a problem, optional.

PHXCH - No SandboxOutside found!

PHXCH - No LocTypeCity found - not a problem, optional.

Not sure why these are flagging because I've double checked and triple checked and I have at least one idlechildplaydollmarker near each of the four interior childsandbox xmarkers and one outside.

Likewise, I definitely have a sandbox xmarker outside the house with the ref type BYOH_ChildSandboxOutside, although I'm not sure how it's suppose to detect it when you're inside casting bless home and it's in an exterior unloaded location.

Any sugestions?

Hi again. Decided to revisit this and try again. Now I'm not the best at sifting through papyrus logs but I think these are the only applicable components.

Not sure why these are flagging because I've double checked and triple checked and I have at least one idlechildplaydollmarker near each of the four interior childsandbox xmarkers and one outside.

Likewise, I definitely have a sandbox xmarker outside the house with the ref type BYOH_ChildSandboxOutside, although I'm not sure how it's suppose to detect it when you're inside casting bless home and it's in an exterior unloaded location.

Any sugestions?

Managed to fix the Doll issue simply by adding the the tag BYOHAdoption_ChildPlayDoll to an interior Doll Marker.

Still don't know how to fix the exterior cell problem though.

Any sugestions?

Managed to fix the Doll issue simply by adding the the tag BYOHAdoption_ChildPlayDoll to an interior Doll Marker.

Still don't know how to fix the exterior cell problem though.

Nevermind, I figured it out. I forgot to change the location of the homes exterior cell to the exterior location I created. Works like a charm now. Many thanks for the info!

I spoke too soon.

Not sure if you can help with this one or not. The home is now multiple adoption friendly, I can cast Bless Home and it says I have 6 beds available and all appears fine. I offer to adopt a child and tell them I have a new house and they say they have to get their things and say goodbye to everyone as normal. However, they never actually show up at the house.

I googled the issue and apparently it's a common glitch with all houses. So I tested to see if it was that glitch by loading an older save and quickly buying Breezehome.

Adopting a kid was no problem; they were there waiting for me when I got there and everything was running smoothly. So I said it was time to move home and they said they'd meet me there. Still they didn't show up. I waited a full game month with no signs of them ever appearing.

So far my other attempts to fix this include: checking the NavMesh, no issues there, the house is fully NavMeshed with the green load triangles for NPC's. Tested with followers who can enter, leave and sandbox in the area.

Using PRID with moveto player commands on the children while in the new home; child appears in the home and then promptly leaves out the front door and runs back to Whiterun. Also attempted this outside the home but the child runs away from the home immediately.

I'm wondering if I need to add anymore xmarker headings to give them somewhere to go but can't see a location reference that would be appplicable.

It's very frustrating to be so near and yet so far.

Please, if you have any suggestions it would be deeply appreciated.

I spoke too soon.

Not sure if you can help with this one or not. The home is now multiple adoption friendly, I can cast Bless Home and it says I have 6 beds available and all appears fine. I offer to adopt a child and tell them I have a new house and they say they have to get their things and say goodbye to everyone as normal. However, they never actually show up at the house.

I googled the issue and apparently it's a common glitch with all houses. So I tested to see if it was that glitch by loading an older save and quickly buying Breezehome.

Adopting a kid was no problem; they were there waiting for me when I got there and everything was running smoothly. So I said it was time to move home and they said they'd meet me there. Still they didn't show up. I waited a full game month with no signs of them ever appearing.

So far my other attempts to fix this include: checking the NavMesh, no issues there, the house is fully NavMeshed with the green load triangles for NPC's. Tested with followers who can enter, leave and sandbox in the area.

Using PRID with moveto player commands on the children while in the new home; child appears in the home and then promptly leaves out the front door and runs back to Whiterun. Also attempted this outside the home but the child runs away from the home immediately.

I'm wondering if I need to add anymore xmarker headings to give them somewhere to go but can't see a location reference that would be appplicable.

It's very frustrating to be so near and yet so far.

Please, if you have any suggestions it would be deeply appreciated.

Give it around 24 to 72 hours for the kids to show up. Please for all that is holy NEVER MESS WITH BREEZEHOME!. It's one of the buggiest locations in the game. It's never happened to me that they don't show up. Keep in mind, the kids are small defenseless creatures and the distance between where they are and your house factors into how long it takes them to get there. They also like to pick up things along the way to their new home. That said, they can't run as fast as we can :-)

I think it's definitely something to do with the house. I tried waiting 96 hours and they still didn't show up. It was Lucia I tried to adopt so I went back to Whiterun and she was stood between stalls in the market place still saying she had to get her things and meet me there.

To eliminate that it was Lucia that was bugged I hightailed it to Honorhall and tried to adopt Runa. I waited outside Honorhall for a further 72 hours and then went back in; she was still sat there saying she had to get her things and say goodbye to everone.

However when I say to go to breezehome they run out of there as fast as their little legs will carry them. Somethings just not firing the move command with my house.
It's crazy, TES5Edit shows no conflicts and LOOT says the mod is clean. It's starting to break my brain a bit.

Perhaps it's a load order thing. I'm going to try jigging it around a bit but otherwise I'm out of options.