Problems installing Respecialization mod and others.... error: invalid

mystlass

Hi I just installed Dragon Age: Origins and tried installing the Respecialization Mod with the daupdater.exe . However as soon as I upload the file, select it and click install.. it immediately says Error right next to the uploaded file. In the log, it just says Error: Invalid zip archive detected. Following that, I downloaded Damodder - no problem with installing the mod with this program, it says installation is complete but however when i go to Downloadable content in the game, there is nothing at all listed there even though it says installation succesful. I also tried installing some other mods to see if maybe the version i downloaded is corrupt but the same happens with all the other mods I try. Also to note is that when I go to my Bioware Folder in my documents, all the mod files seem to be successfully extracted in there.

Following this, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game but the problem persisted repeating error everytime i click install.

I also updated to patch 1.03 but this didn't solve the problem either.

Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem?

My OS is Windows 7, i am running it as an administrator.... the installation files are not corrupt since everything works perfectly well on my friend's pc... along with the same mods I mentioned.

So could it be the Windows 7 OS? Does anyone run any mods on this OS? Do you have any problems doing so or is everything running smoothly for you?

Please help! I'm going nuts trying to figure out what the problem is! :'(

Heyas Myst! Welcome to the forums!

Lets see if we can get this sorted out for you :smile:

Ok. First- daupdater.exe will not handle any file format except for .dazip (bioware's proprietary zip format) which is more than likely the source of the problem that you are having with trying to install .zip mods with it. :wink:

Now.... I just DL'd the original respec mod, and it's in .dazip format. There's several respec mods out there. If the one you are working with is .ZIP file, and not a .DAZIP file.... which mod are you talking about? could you provide a link, so that I can look at the files inside it?

Second- not all mods show up in installed content window from the game. I have probably close to nearly 50-ish mods installed. And the list for installed content from the game window is nowhere NEAR that long. The respec mod that I just installed did not show up on mine, either. I'm not overly concerned with that, as... as I said, not all of them do (one more reason why we prefer damodder, since all the installed mods ARE listed there).

The real question is... DO the ravens appear in game as they are supposed to? (If thats the mod that you're using?)

Third- patch 1.03 causes more problems for many people than it fixes (which is very few). I honestly cant recommend that patch, unless you have to have it for playing Awakening or the Darkspawn DLC. Unfortunately, now that you've got it, there's no way of getting rid of it w/out reinstalling your game. :-/

Also, as a sidenote, now that you've installed that patch. You're probably going to start having issues where armor/weapons/gear mods start not showing up as they are supposed to, on new characters.

BEFORE you start up a new character, go in and DISABLE ALL Mods other than character generation mods (IE- hair, eyes, stuff like that) INCLUDING AWAKENING (if you have it, and if it's not a DAA character). And DO NOT re-enable them, until you've played the new character to the point where you can save the game, and exit Dragon Age.

Doing this, will help to prevent the bug that 1.03 exacerbates with those kinds of mods not loading as they are supposed to.

I will also note, that if you are running PTs vibrant colors, or some of the other mods which add tints or tones to the chargen screen for making a new character, those may not show up anymore after patch 1.03.

• 1 month later...

Hi there:)

I have same problem with daupdater.exe, but it is about the downloadable content "The Darkspawn Chronicles". the problem is similar, however ill try to explain in more details, ( i use latest patch downloaded from official website)

1) i add dazzip files to daupdater.exe

2) i start install

3) at the brink of the instalation i get error down the status column.

4) the info that is written in the log :

" 8/5/2010 5:09 AM - Engine.Content.ContentInstaller, Information - Skipping folder C:\Documents and Settings\Luka\My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\temp\DAO_PRC_DRK_1.0\Contents\packages (doesn't exist).

8/5/2010 5:09 AM - Engine.Content.ContentInstaller, Information - Installing DAO_PRC_DRK folder: C:\Documents and Settings\Luka\My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\temp\DAO_PRC_DRK_1.0\Contents\addins to: C:\Documents and Settings\Luka\My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\AddIns\

8/5/2010 5:09 AM - Engine.Content.ContentInstaller, Information - Updating AddIns.xml

8/5/2010 5:09 AM - Engine.Content.ContentInstaller, Error - Couldn't update XML file, error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at DAUpdater.Engine.Content.ContentInstaller.UpdateAddInsXml(String UID, XmlNode newAddInItem)

at DAUpdater.Engine.Content.ContentInstaller.InstallContent(InstallInfo installInfo, Boolean bDeleteAfterInstall)

8/5/2010 5:09 AM - Engine.Content.ContentInstaller, Error - Install failed! "

5) when i start game it does not show any "other campaign" ( just cant press the button )

I'm new here, so im not really familiar how things are done, however i hope i hear some responses soon .

thanks a lot beforehand , and it would be wonderful if you could help me to deal with problem.

• 8 months later...

Hi, i have the eact same problem. I have just installed the game, the patch, the da-toolset, and have collected a fair few mods. The stadered mods where i just copy the files to my override folder work fine, i've even used a facemod that involved applying teh changes using teh tool set, again that worked fine. When, however, i try to install a dazip file, using the DAContentUpdater, i recive an error message saying 'cannot fine the DAupdater.xml'.

Now i am running this on windows 7, however, i'm running the OS on Parallels desktop on my mac book. I'm wondering then if this could be causing my issues but since others seem to be experiancing teh same problem i'm guessing not. So, anyone know whats goin on and how to fix it? There are a lot of good mods in the dazip format i'd like to be using.