Congratulations you´re the 15 000 visitor?

The_Reaper

ive been told ignorant people like myself shouldnt fiddle with the registry, unless we got a deathwish. :P i tried fiddling with what programs come up at startup in msconfig but that didnt work

If you're running WinXP its possible you havent disabled the Messenger service in the services. Messenger is in no-way related to Windows/MSN Messenger.

I'll try and find a file about it somewhere. If someone knows of one to tell a noob how to disable it, please post it. I'm a little rushed at the moment.

i have a firewall, fully up to date and a damned good one at that. keeps everything out except this apparently.

and yes Dark0ne it does say Messenger Service at the top of every spam window, so i think ur right there, how 2 remove it is another matter tho

I know what you're talking about, Dark... I hate Messenger ads. Not only do they come on Windows XP, but also all versions of Windows NT, including Windows 2000.

Go into the Services control from Administrative Tools and find Messenger Service. Disable it, hexedit its key components, tie it between two horses and rip it limb from limb... Just kill it so that you won't get those annoying Messenger ads while a game is in resolution.

And since Morrowind seems to crash less frequently with less background programs, you might as well see if the same is true for services...

Archived