Niceeey14

Hi!

I'm making a vampire hybrid mod. I found a way to be a vampire and a werewolf without disturbing the questline. Like if you want to continue the Companions questline it wont stop you because you are technically a werewolf. Same with the Dawnguard, they will not attack you on sight. As for the vampire questline I think that you must accept Harkon's gift (not because they want you to be a vampire) as a part of the quest chain. But I could easily solve that later.

Now the problem is that when you become this ''Hybrid'' you get the creepy glowing eyes but after a transformation (werewolf or vampire lord) they disappear, you get the ordinary non-glowing eyes, probably because the player is not listed as a vampire but as a werewolf.

I found a script in CK ''dlc1vampireturneyesred'' but I can't read it so i don't know how and when it's triggered. Does someone know how to read dawnguard scripts or maybe give me an idea on how to make the glowing eyes stay and not go away. Or maybe help with an own script.

The plan is attach sanguine vampiris on a ring and wear it for 3 days and then add the vampire lord spell (equip the ring after you've became a werewolf. I will make a trigger to reset the ''Ask Aela to give Werewolf once again'' so you can gain it after you get cured or something). And then its here somewhere the eye script must go in.

Please guys tell me if you need to know something more. (BTW I'm a beginner with scripts so don't expect me to understand everything like a pro)

To break it all down the following line is the "workhorse" of turning the player's eyes red.

ActorToChange.SetEyeTexture(EyesMaleHumanVampire01)

ActorToChange is a variable that is given whatever actor value as necessary in order to change that actor's eyes. If it will only ever be the player, replace with Game.GetPlayer().

SetEyeTexture() is the actual function where the work is done. This function is located on the Actor script (not a script on the actor but the script named Actor). You have no need to edit the function itself, simply call it to use it.

EyesMaleHumanVampire01 is a stock eye color used for all vampires of all races. Simply create a property using the same name and you can auto-fill it instead of manually assigning the value.

Best place to use it, I believe, would be shortly after the quest/script calls to transform back to "normal" from werewolf or lord form.

Ishara is mistaken. No such function is used on the PC. The PC inherits his eyes from the vampire race version of his original race. The function for turning eyes red is used on NPCs who are transformed into vampires in the course of the Dawnguard storyline.

It sounds as though the race your PC reverts to after becoming a werewolf is their original race rather than their vampire race. If so that will cause you no end of troubles down the line. Is the PC still able to feed as normal as a vampire after reverting from werewolf form? Does he still have the vampire keyword?

Ahh, you are right lofgren. It's like 2 different lives xD. After reverting from the werewolf form the character gets their base race, the feed option disappears with the glowing eyes. I think that the keyword gets lost too because the feed option is only allowed if the pc has the vamp keyword.

BUT after that when you use the vampire lord power and revert the pc reverts to the vampire race. The eyes come back with the keyword and the feed option.

Anyway I might make a ''change eyes on equip'' ring for those who would like to have the red eyes after werewolf transformation (for rp purposes).

Thanks to you both for help :kiss: :psyduck: :dance: :wub:

Why not just make it so that the player's race properly reverts to their vampire race after reverting from werewolf? The race that you revert to is stored in companionhousekeepingscript in the c00 quest, if I recall. Just set it to the vampire version of the player's race when the player becomes a vampire and return it to the original race when the player is cured.