Do you CTD after fast traveling/waiting/sleeping? What I Did.

Heartstringz

About 30 hours into a normal playthrough with mods (about 50, but it doesn't matter), I found that I would CTD after every instance where in-game time was progressed. So after fast traveling ANYWHERE (not just major cities), I would have a few seconds to take a few steps before IMMEDIATELY crashing to desktop. With waiting and sleeping, after the countdown slider hits "1" and I regain control of my character, I would have a few seconds before crashing as well. Heck, even standing still and AFKing after a load would CTD after a few minutes.

I found that between the time I fast traveled somewhere and just before I crash, I could press "Esc" to bring up the menu/settings and effectively stop the in-game time. I made a NEW SAVE. Exited the menu, and let the game CTD as usual. However, when I loaded this new save, I discovered I could walk around and do everything normally without crashing. I even fast traveled a few times on this save (back and forth between a few locations), and did NOT encounter a CTD.

I'm not sure if the passing of in-game time has anything to do with this, and I have not tested this with sleeping and waiting (only fast traveling). I don't even know if this "solution" has already been stated. But I figure that those who share my problem would be interested in something that worked for me. At least for now.

Edit: I highly doubt this is a memory problem, I use SSME to combat this.

Edited by Heartstringz

• 4 months later...

The same problem for me. I have more than 100 mods installed and, just a few days ago, I started getting CTDs while sleeping, waiting and fast travelling. It is really annoying! :mad:

I will get rid of some of them and try again.