Steampunk Oblivion - Recruiting

Shredator

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, am I jealous of you guys! I'd love for more gaming to take up my time ;D

Not much to report on the writing end. I've been thinking a little about dialog, though, and I have no idea what the ideal format for this sort of project would be. Would something like a screenplay layout be appropriate?

PHAYZE

You know, something like this - with the speaker's name as header?

PHAYZE'S INNER VOICE

Because that's the sort of thing I was thinking. Not sure about how to

represent the various trees though, for when there might be different responses.

I don't suppose anyone has any available examples of something like this? Ideally, I'd like to write it in a way that makes it as easy as possible to get it into the whatever you have to put it into make it happen in game, so I'm cool with learning some basic script tags or something so that conversations can just be copied/pasted from a google doc.

Corthian: Lovely work - can't wait to see more!

EDIT: The text in the quote box was supposed to be centered, but apparently the forum didn't keep my formatting.

Sorry again for the absence. My videocard has started sporadically crashing my computer, without any apparent pattern and no matter what I happen to be doing at the time. Not expecting the first few crashes, I've actually lost quite a few hours of work and got a little frustrated. I'm planning on ordering a new card (tomorrow?) which should clear up everything, but I'm a little hesitant to jump back into 3d until I figure out a solution for this.

I'll definitely contact you when we have content ready to be tested, as well as those who've posted in interest to a beta previously.

Dialogue work would be great, but we will need to find a good way to do it. Game dialogue (in the style of Oblivion) works in something of a flowchart fashion, allowing the player to have some control over the direction of the conversation. The only way I can really think to do it is a graphical flowchart showing which conversation leads to which. Making graphs for ever y bit of dialogue would be a bit of a waste though, any ideas?

A1 - B1 > C1> B

A2 > B2

A3 > B3 > C2 > Quest

- - - - - > C3 > Backstory > Quest

A1 Then fill in dialogue like this perhaps? Not too much work, but still a little annoying.

A2....

Yamcakes- Definitely, your skills should be an excellent addition. We'll have lots of room for retextured enemies, whether to make slightly different variations to keep groups from appearing redundant, or making entirely new enemies with the same mesh. I can't even tell you have awesome concept art would be, if you have a few steampunk ideas you'd be willing to put to paper. In both cases, I'd love to have you in our little team.

Hey if you need a scripter for stuff I wouldn't mind helping. I've done a few unreleased script updates for mods.

Did one for Angilla for his Dark Crusader mod. I essentially fixed the problem with equipping more than one defense dagger. Been talking to Angilla about it just today and he was pretty happy about it... not sure how it will be released yet though; we are still talking it over since he has stepped out of the modding scene.

And for the Mechafox mod by tsanm011 aka larrytmc I wrote a script that controls the claws perfectly... the one side-effect it has is if you have a hand to hand idle pose it rotates your character to the left 90 degrees when some weapons are equipped. And given the way the claws are hidden it is my opinion that there is something wrong with his meshes. Of course he never released my script. I might take another look at it later, but my script is solid... something else is going on.