GEM and the Crown of the Ivory King DLC

Cavou

In the Crown of the Ivory King, while using the latest version of the wonderful lighting mod GEM, the game is almost unplayable due to the massive over-saturation of the white colors in the environment (considering all the snow on the ground, white architecture and snowstorm, there's an awful lot of white!) I managed to overlook it and trudge blindly into the snowstorm until I got to the boss Ava, which is almost impossible to see even with the Priestess Eye. I saw footage of the DLC by other people without GEM, and there are lots of amazing vistas which I missed out on because of the immense over-saturation.

I really do love GEM and don't want to play the game without it unless I have to, but lowering the saturation and contrast values a lot makes the game look ugly with grossly unbalanced lighting (like seriously worse than vanilla.) So, does anyone have a preset or know of a workaround to get the Ivory King DLC and GEM working happily together. Any feedback or info at all would be greatly appreciated.

In the Crown of the Ivory King, while using the latest version of the wonderful lighting mod GEM, the game is almost unplayable due to the massive over-saturation of the white colors in the environment (considering all the snow on the ground, white architecture and snowstorm, there's an awful lot of white!) I managed to overlook it and trudge blindly into the snowstorm until I got to the boss Ava, which is almost impossible to see even with the Priestess Eye. I saw footage of the DLC by other people without GEM, and there are lots of amazing vistas which I missed out on because of the immense over-saturation.

I really do love GEM and don't want to play the game without it unless I have to, but lowering the saturation and contrast values a lot makes the game look ugly with grossly unbalanced lighting (like seriously worse than vanilla.) So, does anyone have a preset or know of a workaround to get the Ivory King DLC and GEM working happily together. Any feedback or info at all would be greatly appreciated.

my configuration work perfectly, i'll post it here.

http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls2/mods/7/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fdarksouls2%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D7&pUp=1

go here. download the 2-3 version, bottom file. dowload all the things in the file description follow installation, than update gedosato to latest version, and modify the settings as follows:

visyng : 1

scaling : lanczos

hide mouse cursor : true

forceborderless screen: true

AA: 4

AA type : fxaa

SSao : 3

SSao Scale: 1

SSao scale : sharp

Dof: true

dof effect : bokeh

bokeh dept : 1.6

postprocessing: true

postprocessing type : durante

hdr bllom: true

override textures: true

leave everything else default

now edit postprocessing stuff like this :

from line 7 to line 19 set everything to 1

set line 20 to 0

leave everything else.

now if you installed all the files under the gem i pointed you too ( and the gem file i pointed you to also obviously) you installed all in the correct order and tweked gedosato settings like this you will have no problem with low visibility or mismatched colors in the game, ivory king work flawlesly i have no prblems in foggy part of shade woods too, and the dark atmosphere of geme remains intact. the only thing i find a bi disturbing wit the latest version is text and other borders and some lines on the loading screen have weaird colors like green of purple instead of white and the wite text sems a bit...i don't know dirty? like dirty with this colors, nothing major, and it dosen't effect AT ALL any place in the game graphic wise, only text and loading screens, but it's a bit frustrating i couldent eliminate this, if you know how to soften this please lat me know XD

now if you installed all the files under the gem i pointed you too ( and the gem file i pointed you to also obviously) you installed all in the correct order and tweked gedosato settings like this you will have no problem with low visibility or mismatched colors in the game, ivory king work flawlesly i have no prblems in foggy part of shade woods too, and the dark atmosphere of geme remains intact. the only thing i find a bi disturbing wit the latest version is text and other borders and some lines on the loading screen have weaird colors like green of purple instead of white and the wite text sems a bit...i don't know dirty? like dirty with this colors, nothing major, and it dosen't effect AT ALL any place in the game graphic wise, only text and loading screens, but it's a bit frustrating i couldent eliminate this, if you know how to soften this please lat me know XD

Thank you very much for the help. However, I'm not going to go with your set up immediately, since I heard there are issues with ENB and GeDoSaTo, and I want to hear what other people have to say first. I don't know any solution for the discolored menus, though, sorry.

Thank you very much for the help. However, I'm not going to go with your set up immediately, since I heard there are issues with ENB and GeDoSaTo, and I want to hear what other people have to say first. I don't know any solution for the discolored menus, though, sorry.

oh i don't have any issus apart from the wierd colored menus...i think you shold try, and enjoy the dlc as of now, you can always backup...also could you help me with a couple icons? i sendo you a pm XD