Creation Kit won't show plugins/masterfiles?

CharleStone

After having some fun discovering the joy of modded Skyrim, I naturally became interested in maybe doing some of my own small scale mods. So I download the Creation Kit and it installs just fine as far as I could tell. But when it comes to the part where I load the Skyrim.esm I open the data menu in the kit and find it completely empty: no skyrim.esm, no update.esm, and no files relating to any of the mods I have already installed through the NMM. Because of this I feel stuck and after hours of scouring the bowels off the internet I still can't find anything remotely related to a solution to this problem and it makes me feel as if I'm the only one that's ever had this happen.

Interestingly all my plugins, mods and all, show up when I run the Skyrim Launcher and click the Data Files menu. I don't know if that means anything but I'm pretty noob not only to the modding community, but also to general computer troubleshooting in general.

Any help that leads to a fix would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

What I meant was, when you look in the Skyrim\Data directory with windows explorer, are they there.

When you install things in a protected directory like the default steam C:\ProgramFiles(x86)... Windows often relocates files to a virtual store.

I guess I wasn't clear before, but yeah I can find them easy in the proper folders in my Skyrim Data directory as well.

I wasn't sure if you just assumed they were there because the game could see them.

But if they are there & the CK is in the Skyrim directory & running with full administrator privileges, then I can think of nothing other than a reinstall of the CK. Preferably with your UAC settings turned down & you anti virus software disabled while you install it.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...