Photo

Creation Kit won't show plugins/masterfiles?

mods creation kit troubleshooting error

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

CharleStone

CharleStone

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

After having some fun discovering the joy of modded Skyrim, I naturally became interested in maybe doing some of my own small scale mods.  So I download the Creation Kit and it installs just fine as far as I could tell.  But when it comes to the part where I load the Skyrim.esm I open the data menu in the kit and find it completely empty: no skyrim.esm, no update.esm, and no files relating to any of the mods I have already installed through the NMM.  Because of this I feel stuck and after hours of scouring the bowels off the internet I still can't find anything remotely related to a solution to this problem and it makes me feel as if I'm the only one that's ever had this happen.

Interestingly all my plugins, mods and all, show up when I run the Skyrim Launcher and click the Data Files menu.  I don't know if that means anything but I'm pretty noob not only to the modding community, but also to general computer troubleshooting in general.

Any help that leads to a fix would be greatly appreciated.  :confused:

olnorton

olnorton

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
Is the creation kit installed in the skyrim roote directory & does it have administrator rights?

CharleStone

CharleStone

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Yup, installed in the skyrim directory.  I don't know about administrator rights, I'll try running it as admin now to see.

Edit: Nope, admin mode did nothing sadly

Edited by CharleStone, 01 October 2014 - 03:31 AM.

olnorton

olnorton

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
Can you see the esp's & esm"s in your skyrim data folder, or has windows relocated them to a virtual directory?

CharleStone

CharleStone

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Yeah they're all there, like I said, when I use the data menu on the Skyrim Launcher it's all there, but when I use the data menu on the CK there's nothing. :(

olnorton

olnorton

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
What I meant was, when you look in the Skyrim\Data directory with windows explorer, are they there.
When you install things in a protected directory like the default steam C:\ProgramFiles(x86)... Windows often relocates files to a virtual store.

CharleStone

CharleStone

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

I guess I wasn't clear before, but yeah I can find them easy in the proper folders in my Skyrim Data directory as well.

olnorton

olnorton

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

I guess I wasn't clear before, but yeah I can find them easy in the proper folders in my Skyrim Data directory as well.

I wasn't sure if you just assumed they were there because the game could see them.
But if they are there & the CK is in the Skyrim directory & running with full administrator privileges, then I can think of nothing other than a reinstall of the CK. Preferably with your UAC settings turned down & you anti virus software disabled while you install it.

ELayer45

ELayer45

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

I got a similar problem, When I try to load my skyrim in sdk plus BEARDS.esm it will load normally then BEARDS won't be active so I cant create npc with spoecial beards or weapons .

HummingArrow

HummingArrow

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Having this same problem with fallout 4 and i cannot find any information as to how to fix it. none of the above information was helpful in my case sadly its from 2014 :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mods, creation kit, troubleshooting, error

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.029 seconds