Moon base mod

Metrokiller555

First of all I am just going to state that I do not have Fallout New Vegas nor a computer that can run it. :D I know...its horrible. But even so I love to occasional write down ideas for mods that someone can pick up and possibly even make so heres one I had just recently.

An NCR ranger comes up to your character and hands him/her a message indicating that you have been requested by the NCR to report to a certain scientist in a base in the Mojave. Once you find this base you are lead inside and explained why you are there, the scientist showing you his/her work as being a fully functional space shuttle! The scientist then goes on to explain that a couple years ago the NCR sent a large group of people into space and built a thriving colony on the moon. The scientist tells you that they recently lost all communication with said colony and since you are the infamous/famous courier...they wish to send you up to investigate along with a team of rangers.

Thats about all the story I got out of this but I think its a pretty cool premise for a sweet quest mod. It would be so cool to have your character been sent to the moon to fight angry aliens or a violent BOS moon chapter D:!!!

SO YES! Leave your comments and ideas below!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And with a modified jump height to simulate lower gravity, and a moon buggy that you can explore the surface in, and a giant dome in the base that let's you look out into space and - gosh - back at Earth! This could be great!

I don't agree with the NCR having a thriving colony on the moon though. Somehow that doesn't sit right with me. An abandoned community of astronauts and scientists having been trapped on the base since the war. It's not that far-fetched, the base could be easily be self-sufficient. The arrival of the courier then shakes things up somehow.

And with a modified jump height to simulate lower gravity, and a moon buggy that you can explore the surface in, and a giant dome in the base that let's you look out into space and - gosh - back at Earth! This could be great!

I don't agree with the NCR having a thriving colony on the moon though. Somehow that doesn't sit right with me. An abandoned community of astronauts and scientists having been trapped on the base since the war. It's not that far-fetched, the base could be easily be self-sufficient. The arrival of the courier then shakes things up somehow.

That could be even better!

The Moon has 1/6th the gravity of Earth and prolonged exposure to micro-gravity would cause death within a single generation since reproduction would be severely hindered. Some form of artificial gravity would need to be produced and that is where General Atomics International and Poseidon Energy come into play since the Moon has millions of tons of H3 to power fusion reactors this gives them a reason and motivation to be there and to make it sustainable for workers and scientists. The Moon also has Lava Tubes beneath the surface from the time when it still had a molten core those ancient Lava Tubes would be a logical place for an outpost since the underground tunnels would offer protection from solar radiation and micro-meteorite impacts. Underground buildings would be constructed from Lunarcrete domes and have airlocks for obvious reasons. Water has been found in deep craters that almost never see sun light or vary in temperatures much, that is how the Lunar/Moon base would remain self sufficient over the centuries since the bombs fell.

I was skeptical when I read the OP. However I like the idea of a of eccentric moon colonist that are still in some way connected to the old world.

This would obviously be a science colony, so uncommon tech would be seen as well. What if its its a distress signal that is initiated by a ZAX computer. It reaches the NCR or the BoS, who then mount a search and rescue operation. when they get to the colony, they find cryo pods with scientist and personnel (who went into stasis to keep from starving after the bombs fell, then they told the ZAX to send a distress signal when it noticed sufficient tech advancement on earth.

Maybe a person could get to the Moon in a modified REPCONN Aerospace rocket designed to look like Captain Cosmos Rocket Ship. You never know maybe REPCONN wanted to use Captain Cosmos as a way to increase sales and such. " If REPCONN rockets are good enough for Captain Cosmos then they are good enough for you. " type propaganda. And with REPCONN having lots of decommissioned rockets to spare it could be possible. The coordinates for the Moon base would be located at the REPCONN Test Site and Parts to make the rocket ship go could be located at REPCONN HQ with the secret launch site being in a missile silo under the Nuclear Test site with all the Ghouls. Or something along those lines perhaps.