Off Center Targeting reticule

I'm having trouble with my target cross hair in game. i recently tried a couple different 3rd person mods to see if i can vary my game play, but decided i like the 1st person feel a lot better. I uninstalled them, but now when I'm playing, the cross hair is about an inch to the right of where I'm targeting. I play a Stealth Archer type class, so this off center cross hair is really messing with the ability to play the game. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Delete the configuration settings in Documents\My Games\Oblivion. The file is also called Oblivion. You will have to reset your screen resolution and reset some tweaks like screenshots and border removal,but this should do the trick.

• 9 years later...

an old topic, yet as i'm looking for a solution similar, figure i could offer some advice on this prob.

most third pov mods replace or move the skeleton.nif file, some in the first person view ... sometimes they also replace the reticle. if the reticle itself is the only thing off and everything else looks good, one can open the hud_reticle.xml located in data/menus/main/ it's rarely at x=0, y=0.

reinstalling a standard skeleton will reset the first and third person skeletons and any alterations to their position. i would suggest the universal skeleton by growlf.

i'm not sure why someone would suggest deleting the default_config.ini, the settings aren't in there.