Need Mod Recomendations For a New Player

Cyphx03

Hello, and I just bought Fallout: New Vegas with all of the DLC. The only problem is, I don't know what mods to install. Can I get some recommendations for some mods to get, and what program should I use to manage my mods? Mod Organizer? FOMM? NMM?

Is there a program like LOOT for FNV? Or does LOOT wok for FNV?

Also, no ENB's. Please.

Edited by Cyphx03

I always use FOMM for the Fallout games, I've never seen Mod Organizer in action, and NMM is too complex (read: feature-rich) for my needs. They should all work equally well for the Fallout games, which one to use depends on your preferences and which one you're already using for other games, if any. FMM appeals to me because it keeps things simple and because it includes a couple of handy tools like TESSnip and a BSA packer/extractor. NMM has the appeal of working for a large set of games and it lets you install mods from the site in one click. I think of it as the solution for less technically minded persons.

LOOT supposedly works for FNV as well, but in my experience it messes up the sorting a lot. It doesn't seem to follow the concept of keeping plugins from the same mod grouped together, and instead throws them all over the place. BOSS is the precursor to LOOT and what most people seem to recommend when not recommending LOOT.

To get your mods, Start here. This lists every mod on the New Vegas Nexus in order of most endorsed. You can do the same thing for each category, here's the Quests and Adventures section. I know you probably weren't looking for this answer, but the thing is, everyone seems to want something different when modding, so you'll be much more pleased with what you're getting if you do your own research instead of following along with someone else's preferences. Scout out the Nexus for a while. It'll give you a sense of what's out there.