Changing a character's race

Cool, thanks. As for his looks, yeah that was kinda what I was going for. I felt for him to be as good a pick-pocket to garner Duncan's attention, he had to have something special, and the looks would make you warm up to him and drop your guard around him. Sneaky little devil. :whistling:

Edit: as for missing the little things like the .mor extension (duh moment on my part) I think I got rushed while trying out something new. Gotta learn to slow down and pay attention to details. Gotten used to making some of the other types of mods forgot my shortcuts don't work for everything. :biggrin:

Ok, made a simpler change and got it to work. Left the morph alone, and just renamed the davethelf.utc to pre100cr_daveth.utc and presto, working blonde elf talking to my female warden about her backside. :thumbsup:

Now to make a vanilla version of the morph before releasing it for those without the PT or MH mods. Thanks for the help. I will make sure to credit you for the help when I post this sometime after I make some more runs with him through the joining to make sure he looks alright all the way through.

Hahaha yeah, I know what you mean. At school there's soooo many of us that complain about how things that we know how to do, dont work. Because our computer trainers arent set up to work the way that we are used to. LIke having it buzz at you and tell you that you screwed up when you hit alt f4 instead of using the mouse to go up and click the close button. :dry: :wacko:

A few of the programs will let us do stuff like that, but the majority of it won't. Seems as tho its a similar issue with the toolcrap.

I could see how he'd be an effective pickpocket with the ladies. He's enough of a prettyboy that they would be watching his face/head a lot more than they would his hands. And his flirty attitude helps out there as well. I was actually kinda thinking about holding onto the morph and using it for Zev.

I dont think that they'd be as offended by a guy looking like that, talking about their backside! :biggrin:

I dunno. I think the morph looks pretty good as it is. Perhaps create two versions? One with the mods included and one without? I mean... I know its kinda annoying when you see something that you really wanna try playing and then find out.. "aw man, I got dl this, this and this, just to do it?" But those that already have those mods could definitely like using that morph.

So its working with his resref still set to davethelf? Hmmm. Thats really interesting. Yeah, some of that stuff that I did, I was playing around and experimenting. Pretty much just added it to the list to show what worked and what didn't. It was interesting tho, I'd never seen one of their characters that didnt have a head. Seen plenty that had the neck stubble after a decapitation, or the wrong sized head on the wrong sized bod, but never a gaping hole between their shoulders, hahahaha.

I will have to keep that in mind tho. Could be interesting to have headless monsters, if I ever make adventures :D

Anyways, I'm glad that its working. And glad that I could be some help :smile: If you want to, thats definitely cool. If you forget, I won't be offended :wink:

And now, after seeing that conversation with him about 4 times in a row, I'm off to find out what morph that guard he's talking to uses! :biggrin:

Yeah, I got into it last night and didn't get to bed until 0230. I got stuck on redoing the joining ritual cutscene so that you can see his face and not just his forehead. I couldn't get the thing to work, went to bed, and tried again this morning. That's when I discovered there are seven different cutscenes for the joining ritual. One main version that I was adjusting, then the same scene again for each race/gender. It shouldn't take much to do, just adjust the camera angle twice for each scene, then done. I was just not expecting that much for the one shot. (it runs from when Daveth gets the cup all the way to the player passing out after Jory is killed, all one giant cutscene) There are a couple of places of dialogue his face is at the bottom of the screen, but only happens three times, so not much concerned over fixing that bit. EDIT: two conversations, three closeups.

I did make a vanilla version morph last night. Just changed the hair to the same as King Cailin has, then chose a vanilla skin tone very similar to the one you saw. Luckily, his eyes were already a vanilla color. :biggrin:

Ugh. Yeah, I didnt test it that far, and completely forgot that the ritual only shows him from about the waist up (as a human). Wow! I didnt expect there to be THAT much involved in that scene either! This makes me think of something that stardusk said about modding DA. "When it comes to DA, nothing's easy."

I think that they enjoy surprising us with unforseen complications. :dry:

Cool! Heh, kinda curious to see which one gets more DLs :smile:

Heyas Dan :)

I was lookin at your posting of the mod, and noticed that in the description you mentioned the issue with the wrong sized head on characters that have already visited Ostagar before adding the mod.

I added a comment that tells how to fix the issue, but I dont know if you receive notifications that people reply on those or not, so I thought I'd go ahead and mention it here as well.

There is a console command script which allows you to change the bodies of those in your party. Which would work fine in this instance, as it's not changing his gender (no command that works for that, as of yet :( )

the console command is runscript appearance 2 which will change his body from human, to elf.

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Console

And if they decide to uninstall the mod, the console command is runscript appearance -1 OR runscript appearance 15 The latter is probably the one to use, since they will have exited the game to uninstall the mod.

Thought that this might be helpful :)

Heyas Dan :)

I was lookin at your posting of the mod, and noticed that in the description you mentioned the issue with the wrong sized head on characters that have already visited Ostagar before adding the mod.

I added a comment that tells how to fix the issue, but I dont know if you receive notifications that people reply on those or not, so I thought I'd go ahead and mention it here as well.

There is a console command script which allows you to change the bodies of those in your party. Which would work fine in this instance, as it's not changing his gender (no command that works for that, as of yet :( )

the console command is runscript appearance 2 which will change his body from human, to elf.

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Console

And if they decide to uninstall the mod, the console command is runscript appearance -1 OR runscript appearance 15 The latter is probably the one to use, since they will have exited the game to uninstall the mod.

Thought that this might be helpful :)

Yeah, I saw it, and thanks for that. I have never used the console so I don't know those commands. I will also have to remember that when I get done testing the elven Wynne mod I am working on. The Daveth was a test run, and besides a few issues came out really good. Wynne will be more challenging, as I already know I will have to redo the camera angles on her fight with the demon when you first see her at the tower. Others I do not know yet. I also figured out that the dialogue for the changed character will center on that character no matter what race. IE: Daveth's dialogue will center his face on the screen. It's the other npc's dialogue tree that will not auto adjust. The three spots on the joining conversations are actually Jory's dialogue tree, so the elven version of Daveth sits at the bottom of the screen instead of centered. Another difference for Wynne is there are two seperate utc files for her. The first one in Ostagar and then the global one for when you meet her back at the tower and afterwards. I am taking advantage of that to make two faces for her, one normal and one more "possessed."

Not a problem ;) I figure if folks know that they aren't limited to using it on just NEW characters then they will be more apt to DL and try it out. :D

I dont use the console very often. And there's still a lot of the stuff in it that I dont know about. (Tho I've started using it more after hdhd released his additem script).

Yeah, that script will work on wynn as well. I just dont recommend trying it on Shale or Dog. I havent tried it on them, but considering how many issues there are with graphics on those two, I've avoided it.

Ugh, that sounds like it's gonna be a fairly extensive project on Wynn :(

Not a problem ;) I figure if folks know that they aren't limited to using it on just NEW characters then they will be more apt to DL and try it out. :D

I dont use the console very often. And there's still a lot of the stuff in it that I dont know about. (Tho I've started using it more after hdhd released his additem script).

Yeah, that script will work on wynn as well. I just dont recommend trying it on Shale or Dog. I havent tried it on them, but considering how many issues there are with graphics on those two, I've avoided it.

Ugh, that sounds like it's gonna be a fairly extensive project on Wynn :(

I am playing a couple of games through with her as a main focus in my party to test this, but I actually think it may come down to just a few cutscenes. I had a save at the gate in Denerim near the end, and she lines up just fine. It's going to be the two random events with her that I think will need the most work. But that is just a guess at the moment. And the cutscenes are not that hard. It's just adjusting the camera orientation mostly to get her more centered. That ends up just being a simple edit of the existing cutscene.

Ok, I have another issue. I am testing my Wynne into an elf, and so far everything in Origins is looking good without major changes. However, I created a new character for Awakening for testing, and Wynne has reverted back to the vanilla version human. I know that .mor files transfer over, but apparently not .utc files? I have found the location for the designer creatures, but where can I find the .utc files for the main characters? Also, since the faces for Oghren, Wynne, Alistair, etc are not listed in the erf file in Awakening, where are those located for the transfer over from Origins to Awakening?