Skyrim Alchemy Catastrophic Failure Mod Request

DragonGod06

One thing I have been confused about when it comes to alchemy in skyrim is that there are no real punishment to failing. There is hardly any risk/reward to alchemy... No poison effects, No Debuffs, and No Explosions! Where is the fun in that?

So here is my request, I would like to have a skyrim mod that adds a better risk/reward to alchemy. The more expensive and rare the ingredient, the bigger and more painful the explosion when you fail. With an added effect depending on what was mixed wrong, like being poisoned or being debuffed for a certain amount of time. Additionally they can reduce the risks by increasing their skill level or using enchantments and armor value, the more armor you have the less damage you will take.

Some would view this as a hardcore request. I feel it to be more of an immersion type mod, after all, you are just throwing random ingrediants togther which who knows what will happen. It would make some sense for when you attempt to combind Fire Salts and Dwemer Oil together to result in an explosion due to the combination of Fire and Oil or when you attempt to combind magical ingrediants.

Edited by DragonGod06

No punishment?! You know how hard it is to gather some of those things? lol

But yeah, I'd like to see that myself. Bugs Bunny type stuff, too, just for laughs.

Then again, you're only doing plants mostly, so maybe a gaseous cloud that temporarily paralyzes you, or knocks you out for a few hours and leaves you with blurred vision. I could see explosions if you were mixing elemental salts, though.

Yes there are mostly plants, but there are also good chunk of magical ingrediants to which two at least are plants(Nirnroot and Red Nirnroot must have some form of magic in order to pulsate that sound they make). To me if you use magic or magical items the wrong way then there is usually a neggative effect that happens, like an explosion. Also there are some items that are not magical which are also hazordous like Dwemer Oil.

But at least you got the general idea, and i did forget to point out other types of negitive outcomes as well, like the gaseous clouds with effects that you mentioned. Would be nice to add drunk effects as well, could probly mix well with other survivability mods like INeed or Realistic Needs where getting drunk is dangerous.