Game crashes - The Gauntlet - After getting inventory back!! H

NexusBob42

Hi,

my game crashes in the Gauntlet (after New Haven). I remove my inventory in the 4th trial, move through the fire, get my inventory back...then the game starts running real slow and I get spammed with a message telling me I have new items in my inventory over and over. When I try to leave the area the game freezes on the load screen.

1.03 version

Windows 7 64-bit

Geforce 470 (latest drivers)

i-7 core 930

4 GB ram

Have you tried creating a new save AFTER all the "New Item" messages, exiting at that point, then reloading the "post-inventory update" save? This might be the result of a "too many changes in too short a period means too much to keep track of" problem (as evidenced by the game-lag you report after regaining your gear.)

Just an idea... :turned:

(BTW: Have played that scene frequently on a rig similar to yours. Not as speedy but twice the RAM on my Win7-64 quad-core with nVidia GT 250.)

• 11 years later...

I had the same problem in this part of the game. I tried to set the graphics all way down to Low Settings, windowed mode, didn't work. Then I realized the crash was happening, I don't know why, because I had Ser Nancine's Ornmental Sword in my inventory, I just destroyed it and the crash was gone. Maybe if you never have it in your inventory before going to get the ashes you'll not even experience this crash.