The Forbidden Lands - Upcoming New Lands Mod

fi5h1fishy

http://i.imgur.com/XbbcD6N.jpg

UPDATES ON THE PROJECT WILL NO LONGER BE LEFT HERE, AND ANY PROGRESS IS GOING TO BE KEPT SECRET UNTIL THE RELEASE. (A FEW MONTHS AWAY.) THANK YOU, AND I HOPE YOUR LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!

NOTE: I HAVE DECIDED THAT LESS DETAIL IS GOING TO BE GIVEN; IN A SENSE THAT I WONT GIVE YOU INFORMATION ABOUT EVERY SINGLE LITTLE DETAIL THAT IS BEING MADE WITH THE PROJECT, AS WHEN IT COMES TO PLAYING IT, YOU WILL KNOW TOO MUCH, AND I WANT IT TO BE A FRESH, UNEXPECTED EXPERIENCE. SOME DETAIL WILL BE GIVEN, BUT NOT AS MUCH.

I=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=I

Hello, and thank you for viewing the thread for my upcoming mod, Forbidden lands. Forbidden lands is going to be a New lands mod, which is going to have a number of quests, dozens of locations to explore, and danger in every step of the way.

Why am i creating this mod?

Some may ask, "Why am i creating this mod", and im about to tell you exactly why i am doing so. There are hundreds, even thousands of mods for skyrims. Weapons, armour, magic, quests, you name it, theres a mod out there that will give you that extra little bit of fun. Out of all these mods, the amount of mods within the, "New Lands" category is very minimal, and the number of good ones do not fit my tastes. I have decided to begin a project, called "The Forbidden Lands", as i believe that Skyrim needs both New lands, and a new element of danger along the way,

How Long is it going to take?

I haven't planned out how much time i am going to spend on this project, or give myself an actual deadline, but my estimate is going to be around 4 months. The reason why i am giving myself 4 months in order to make this project is because i want to ensure that the level of detail is high, and i want to make the community as happy as possible. I want to make this mod like no other, and i want every single person that is to have a playthrough, love it no matter what. This may be a tricky task, but i am sure that i will make it eventually!

What are the, "Forbidden Lands"?

The forbidden lands, are a place of great evil, and danger. The lands themselves, riddled with bandits, feral animals, and possessed souls. The forbidden lands is going to be primarily woodland, meaning that its going to be dark; foggy; and most of all, making it hard to see if you are being followed, or if you are about to be somebodies next meal. I am going to try and make the Forbidden lands as large as possible, but this could take some time, and the bigger i make it, the more detail i will have to put in, which will mean the more time its going to consume. I am going to create detail in the mod; along the way instead of doing it at the very end, meaning that if i do not have time to make the land as big as i originally intended, then atleast i will have a detailed New Land, in which players will be fascinated with. Like no place within Tamriel, the Forbidden lands are said to be a Myth, but you as the dragonborn are about to find out that this place is in fact exists in reality.

What is the "Myth" behind the Forbidden lands?

The dwemer, when in power had no place in order to detain the people that commited punishable crimes within their lifetimes, as sovngarde would not welcome the people that commited foul deeds within their lifetimes. Crafted, by the dwemer race themselves, was a parellel land known as the Forbidden lands. Story has it, that the dwemer would select people individually, that were the vilest of the vile, and did not deserve to just simply die without a punishment. Although many of these blood stained souls may have been imprisoned within their lifetimes, the Dwemer did not believe that this punishment was cruel enough, and simply forged the Forbidden Lands, in order for these lowlifes to rot, until they would eventually die. Legend has it, that when the forbidden lands was first constructed, people would simply be left to rot, die of disease or simply eat eachother, like cannibals. This eventually adapted the thoughts of some of the people that were individually chosen to live in the Forbidden lands for eternity, and formed a group in which they would enrule the forbidden lands, and simply eat the flesh of those who came after them. It is said, that this group of people, unknown to man, still live within the Forbidden lands today. Sinners are still sent to the Forbidden lands on a daily basis, meaning that the population is slowly increasing, and this will happen for eternity. Your job as the dragonborn is to find out if these myths are true, and risk your wellbeing to venture through this corrupted, parallel wasteland.

That is about all of the preparation that i have created for the mod, and i am working on it, and developing it progressively. I in vision this mod to be a success, and i hope that others feel the same.

Features that i hope to include within this mod:

- A detailed land, that has a relatively large size, so that the player has an opportunity to explore for a number of hours.

- More advanced enemies, making it hard to venture around the Forbidden lands safely, and force the player to use the tactic of stealth to get their way around, without being slaughtered.

-Atleast 50 different, immense dungeons, mines, forts, etc. for the player to discover, and find loot every step of the way.

- Perhaps the feature of including a few sets of new armour into the game, or simply request permission to incorporate others armor mods into the game, to make the experience that much better.

- A number of large quests for the player to participate in, to make their experience that bit more enjoyable.

That is about all of the prepared ideas/information that i have collected in development for this mod, and the following will display the progression that i have currently made with the mod:

I=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=I

Below you will be shown the progress that has been made so far with the project. Click the "show" buttons beneath each of the dates, to see what was created on that specified day. (Reason why i have done this is to tidy up the thread, too many images. I like to stay neat!)

- Created entrance to the Dwemer Labyrinth, which will have to be passed before getting into the Forbidden Lands. This entrance was a glacier cave, that could be located under the bridge leading to the college of Winterhold; a location that is unlikely to be visited by travellers.
- The lobby of the Labyrinth was also created.

- The lobby of the Labyrinth was detailed slightly more than previously, and i have began work on the labyrinth itself. The labyrinth currently only has the 3 optional passages, 1 of them leading to the exit, and detail has been added to these as well. Enemies will also be introduced soon, and more detail is to come as i don't believe that the Labyrinth itself is as detailed as it should be.

- The third passage of the Labyrinth has been created, and some other minor adjustments have been made to the other passages.

-I have decided that i am going to be creating a room which will have a couple of dwarven guardians within, and a key which will allow you to unlock the other 2 passages; one of these being the way out.
-Have created the passage leading to this room which holds the key, and attempted to create the room itself but the design was terribly small, so i scrapped it and decided to just focus on the passage which is leading to the room which i am yet to create.

-Finished detail to the corridor that will be leading to the room where the key will be obtainable.

-Added a lot more fog, detail to the main room, and detail to the corridors themselves.
-Added a new type of spider (Same model+texture as a standard frostbite spider) with a challenging difficulty. These go by the name of "Deathborn Arachnids". I then went onto creating a boss type of spider, which has the name of Mother "Deathborn Arachnid", and is the same size as a standard frostbite spider, but has a high amount of damage as well as health.
- Within the Mother spider, also lies a "Mother Arachnids Heart", which can be sold for a profitable amount of money, due to the fact that these spiders are considered rare.

-The Labyrinth itself has been complete.

-Enemies have now been fully added, these being a number of Dwarven spiders, Spheres and Centurions. I have renamed all of which, and made them a lot more difficult, so proceeding through the labyrinth alive is going to be quite a challenge.
-Completely finished the hall in which the key will be stored. This key will be obtained, and can then be used to the 2 other passages, leading you to the exit of the Labyrinth, and into the Forbidden Lands.
-Redone Navmesh as previously it was a bit dodgy, and this is finally complete, and should not be a problem in the future.

-Created the room in which holds the portal, that can be used to teleport the player to the Forbidden lands.

-Navmesh was edited, to ensure that the player can have a smooth combatic experience with the enemies, without them stopping, glitching into the walls, etc.

-Made some minor changes to the design of the Labyrinth itself.

-Fixed some issues within the room that holds the key.

-The spawn point of the Forbidden lands has been made, and is currently now in development. (THATS RIGHT PEOPLE, THE LANDS THEMSELVES ARE BEING MADE!)

-Entrance to the Forbidden lands has been fully designed, and detailed, to make a realistic and lovable environment.

-A NPC with the name of, "Jade Hammerfell" is also reasonably close when arriving in the forbidden lands, and can be spoke to, in order to get some more information as to where you are.

-The entrance to Flowerville, as well as the guards have been fully constructed, and the guards will have dialogue in the future!

-Some of the buildings within Flowerville have been put in place.

-Stable within Flowerville has been created.

-Minor detail has been added to the village.

-Exterior of a cave has been made, and will require a quest to enter. (Will eventually be created.)

- Jade Hammerfell was created, as well as the dialogue to go with her.

- 1 of the 2 guards outside Flowerville were given dialogue. This voice type will be used for other guards within the mod also, as its the best guard voice i can possibly put on.

- Horse Tender has been developed, with a large amount of dialogue. Gives you a bit of information about his life also.

- Player home is in development. Seeing as this is one of the few places within the Forbidden lands that is safe, it will require a playerhome. (IMAGE WILL NOT BE SHOWN).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E80oD_2EKs&feature=youtu.be

- Exterior of Flowerville has been begun, and some detail has been made. A Forsworn camp is going to be relatively close to the exit of the town, and a number of Forsworn members will have to be killed in order to carry on adventuring.

-Detail added to the town

-Terrain altered slightly

-Exterior of cave within Flowerville was made.

-Dialogue was given to an NPC, to start the quest, but the quest itself still needs to be made.

-Cave was created, along with an area including Levelled bandits.

-Skeevers were added, as i believed that the cave needed a slight bit more hostility.

http://i.imgur.com/BFxnlzB.png

-The whole weather system, Lighting, and fog information has been changed drastically to give the lands themselves a more frightening aspect. This took me hours, and i mean hours.

-Minor changes made on Flowerville cave

-Large amount of lighting added around the town, due to the Lighting being changed, lights were needed to see around the town. (Lands are awfully dark, torches are going to be needed when playing.)

-Villager NPC's have been added. (Around 3)

-Beggar NPC has been added.

-Inn Worker has been created, and dialogue has been given to him. Quest dialogue has also been recorded, but the quest itself still needs to be developed.

-Changes made to the outskirts of the town (Forsworn camp detailed, Forsworn added, Locked gate, etc.)

HERE IS THE FINAL RESULT TO THE CONFIGURED LIGHTING. (I AM RATHER PLEASED WITH HOW SCARY IT LOOKS).

http://i.imgur.com/LP7sQJs.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YwDRAEs.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/msLoTPW.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LxH3cr1.jpg

Current construction: Interiors of the town need to be created, as well as a playhome for the player to store his items. A number of quests also have to be created within Flowerville. Dialogue for these quests has already been produced, as well as the areas that the quests will be based in, but the quests themselves still need to be developed.

I=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=

Feedback

Feedback; in any shape and form is needed, and i really vision this mod to be a success, and i hope that many of you feel the same way also. Please leave your opinion on the project below, and any ideas that you would like to be included within the mod itself.

Help/Volunteering

Do you like the idea of this mod? Would you like to be credited upon completion of it, and have your part in creating the mod? If you can offer any services, (Texturing, modelling, level design, Voice acting, etc.) then please also leave a comment, and i will review these and allow you to participate in the creation of the mod if i feel that i need assistance and your the person that im looking for.

Thank you, and happy Skyrimming!

Edited by fi5h1fishy

Seems a bit grim, but I like the idea. Skyrim definitely needs a storyline/ realm of this sort. Too bad the entrance is under the bridge of the College of Winterhold. That means it won't be compatible with Vortex of Time. Ah well...

Im glad your looking forward to it, as you previously in my other thread! ;)

I can always move it from under winterhold, but for now im just going to leave it there for easiness sake!

Thanks for the feedback, and i hope that your looking forward to it! :thumbsup:

Progress has been made on the mod. I have done the following:

08/10/2014 - 2nd construction for the mod:

- The lobby of the Labyrinth was detailed slightly more than previously, and i have began work on the labyrinth itself. The labyrinth currently only has the 3 optional passages, 1 of them leading to the exit, and detail has been added to these as well. Enemies will also be introduced soon, and more detail is to come as i don't believe that the Labyrinth itself is as detailed as it should be.

Thank you, and i hope you are looking forward to the progress that is to be made in the future! :)

Edited by fi5h1fishy

10/10/2014 - 3rd construction for the mod:

- The third passage of the Labyrinth has been created, and some other minor adjustments have been made to the other passages.

-I have decided that i am going to be creating a room which will have a couple of dwarven guardians within, and a key which will allow you to unlock the other 2 passages; one of these being the way out.

-Have created the passage leading to this room which holds the key, and attempted to create the room itself but the design was terribly small, so i scrapped it and decided to just focus on the passage which is leading to the room which i am yet to create.

Thank you, and i hope you are looking forward to the progress that is to be made in the future! :smile:

Interesting, right now I don't have much to say because your project is starting. But it seems to be a good idea from what you already wrote. I hope to see more from this and thanks for your updates.

Glad your interested with what i have currently produced! ;) Thanks for the support, and i hope you are looking forward for progress to come! ;D

15/10/2014 - Additional Detail to the Labyrinth:

-Finished detail to the corridor that will be leading to the room where the key will be obtainable.

-Added a lot more fog, detail to the main room, and detail to the corridors themselves.

-Added a new type of spider (Same model+texture as a standard frostbite spider) with a challenging difficulty. These go by the name of "Deathborn Arachnids". I then went onto creating a boss type of spider, which has the name of Mother "Deathborn Arachnid", and is the same size as a standard frostbite spider, but has a high amount of damage as well as health.

- Within the Mother spider, also lies a "Mother Arachnids Heart", which can be sold for a profitable amount of money, due to the fact that these spiders are considered rare.

Edited by fi5h1fishy

16/10/2014 - Completion of the Labyrinth, and Hall:

-The Labyrinth itself has been complete.

-Enemies have now been fully added, these being a number of Dwarven spiders, Spheres and Centurions. I have renamed all of which, and made them a lot more difficult, so proceeding through the labyrinth alive is going to be quite a challenge.

-Completely finished the hall in which the key will be stored. This key will be obtained, and can then be used to the 2 other passages, leading you to the exit of the Labyrinth, and into the Forbidden Lands.

-Redone Navmesh as previously it was a bit dodgy, and this is finally complete, and should not be a problem in the future.

I am going to be focusing on the Forbidden lands themselves over the weekend, so the next update on my progress is going to be a good one! Thank you for your support, and please leave your feedback to make this the best New lands mod that has ever existed! :D