Why does the Priory of the Nine keep crashing?

AnnoyingBird97

I'd assumed it because I made some custom armor using Knights of the Nine armor in the Construction Set, but that wasn't the case. Every time I'd fast travel to Priory of the Nine to recover said armor, it just crashed. Maybe the fast travel caused the crash? Nope. Fast traveled to other places and nothing happened. Maybe the Knights of the Nine Plugin was corrupted or something? Nope. I fast traveled to the Ayleid dungeon at the end of the quest no problem. Maybe if I just walk to the Priory of the Nine, it would fix itself? Nope. If I so much as walk close enough to the priory in the over world that the symbol appears on the compass and it crashes. What's going on here? Has Umaril cast some kind of 4th wall breaking curse on the Knights just before he was killed (let's hope not)? Oh yes, and please don't post if you're going to say "I don't know." That just wastes everybody's time. Both mine and the people that are experiencing a similar problem. Thank you.

Could be some problem with the armor you created. Put it somewhere else in the CS and see if you crash when you try going there.

You could try the old "coc center" trick.

Open the console using the tide (~) key found right below the Esc key on standard keyboards. With the console open type "coc center" (without the quote marks) and hit Enter. You'll be transported to an open field with some trees in the distance. Open the game wait menu (by default t) and wait 72 hours plus a bit more for good measure (three full 24 hour days and then some more). Open the console again and "coc weye" (again without quote marks, and if you know the correct location name for somewhere else you could use that instead). You be transported to inside the fisherman's shack at Weye. Go outside and see if you can travel to the Priory.

You could try the old "coc center" trick.

Open the console using the tide (~) key found right below the Esc key on standard keyboards. With the console open type "coc center" (without the quote marks) and hit Enter. You'll be transported to an open field with some trees in the distance. Open the game wait menu (by default t) and wait 72 hours plus a bit more for good measure (three full 24 hour days and then some more). Open the console again and "coc weye" (again without quote marks, and if you know the correct location name for somewhere else you could use that instead). You be transported to inside the fisherman's shack at Weye. Go outside and see if you can travel to the Priory.

I tried that, but it crashed every time. Then, when I loaded it, it said that it was corrupted. I got to the point that I've decided to just reinstall the game. And guess what? It didn't work.