Running the Nexus sites

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Zaldir

Zaldir

• Moderators
  • 12,667 posts
Dark0ne, you are doing a great job! Posted Image
This site is so amazing, and I don't know how many hours(days) I've spent surfing through it, and still I find new stuff. But then again, how many days haven't you spent on this site^^

And for the "lack of updates" - Don't listen to that! In my opinion, it's the perfect amount of updates, not too much and not too little. And besides, when it goes a little while before a new update, the site feels so fresh and exciting, while if there was updates all the time it would just bothersome, as things would change all the time. So, it's perfect! :D

And Pushkatu, you should get Premium - It's totally worth it! Posted Image

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot one thing in the praising of the Nexus: Moderators, you are doing a fantastic job as well! Posted Image

EDIT2: Dark0ne, what is that new thing: AP & AP Rank?

roquefort

roquefort

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts
No one did what you've done and most likely no one will ever come close to your performance mayby forever.

Thing is, some headhunter is likely to find this administrative virtuoso, who incidentally successfully completed a degree course while building this complex of sites (starting at the age of 15, FFS), and offer him mucho moolah to run one of their clients' big train sets. I really hope these sites can generate enough income & cash to avoid that.

ub3rman123

ub3rman123

Like a trained monkey. Without the training.

• Premium Member
  • 5,503 posts

No one did what you've done and most likely no one will ever come close to your performance mayby forever.

Thing is, some headhunter is likely to find this administrative virtuoso, who incidentally successfully completed a degree course while building this complex of sites (starting at the age of 15, FFS), and offer him mucho moolah to run one of their clients' big train sets. I really hope these sites can generate enough income & cash to avoid that.

Quick, everyone sign up a premium account! We can't let Robin Scott get hired away!

Zaldir

Zaldir

• Moderators
  • 12,667 posts
Robin Scott would never allow that!

LHammonds

LHammonds

Ghost in da Machine

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,337 posts

what is that new thing: AP & AP Rank?

Article: Activity Points

Zaldir

Zaldir

• Moderators
  • 12,667 posts
I found it, thanks :)
That was a VERY good idea by the way (Can't say that enough)

Pushkatu

Pushkatu

Outlander

• Premium Member
  • 21,527 posts

I hope that will never happen. :sleep:

jaysus

jaysus

Mishka The Ape & The Seven Dutchmen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,442 posts
may say a simple "thanks" to dark and the moderators :P

AlphaFireWolf

AlphaFireWolf

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
Multiplayer games/mods are so distracting. I want to play more fallout 3, but "just one more round of counter strike" kicks in.

ilDuderoni

ilDuderoni

I'm so cynical, bananas peel when I look at em

• Premium Member
  • 1,301 posts
Ha, I love this blogpost!

First we get alinea's of your technical duties, but I can just tell the gaming blood hasn't left you yet when you place the most important thing last:
bedtime stories -I mean games.

I've just touched the tip of a lesson package that holds a few topics you described, and ALREADY I'm feeling in way over my head.

Sometimes these websites feel like there's an entire team per Nexus that's assigned to oversee and rule...well, for lack of a better metaphor.

One question:
Does Assassins Creed 2 really help to get you to sleep at night?
These summers are a real [profanic] and if you can assure me that AC2 works as a lullaby like in "ye olde times" (thats about twenty years ago :P), I'd be very glad to know.

I guess RDR just fires me up too much for me to sleep.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.967 seconds