No idea what to do, Mods not working at all with legendary edition.

EpsilionPrime

You haven't answered my question about the load order txt files. Look in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local and count how many Skyrim folders there are. If there's only one, then there's your problem: you've got two versions of the game both trying to read their load orders from the same files.

Just get rid of one of the installations and your problems will probably go away. Until then, worrying about 1.9 and other things is probably a red herring. Yes, some games work with multiple installations, but many don't. Judging by your experience, Skyrim probably doesn't. Just buy the DLCs for your Steam version, delete the other one, and you're done. The DLCs can't be very expensive nowadays. And there'll probably be a Halloween sale soon if you're strapped for cash.

Skyrim uses the obsolete Windows Registry to tell where it's files are located. By installing a second copy - the registry is borked as it changed some but not all of your old registry entries. Now, it is looking in the wrong places for some parts of the game.

Skyrim is NOT Oblivion, it does not install like Oblivion, it does not work like Oblivion - it does LOOK similar. The Oblivion DVD was released not requiring steam at all - and installed completely differently without steam. Skyrim was made to work with Steam, and it does. For those who install it like it was designed to be installed.

Every legal copy - including any purchased on DVD from any legitimate source will tell you up front that Steam is required and will attempt to connect to steam as a part of the disk install. If you do not already have a Steam account it will tell you that it is required, and offer to walk you through setting up the required FREE Steam account. Then Steam will download the REQUIRED updates that the game will not work properly without. If the disk does not try to connect to steam, then you got ripped off by a pirate posing as a real disk. Game shop owners have been known to sell pirate versions as they make a lot more money by ripping off both you and the game maker. USED DVD copies of Skyrim also will not work as they have already been registered by the original buyer.

My suggestion, uninstall BOTH copies and any other bits and pieces from any other failed installs. This is to clean up the mess you made trying to install multiple copies. Reboot the computer (VERY IMPORTANT!) - run a registry cleaner ( Just the registry cleaning part and nothing else) to allow removing all of the bits and pieces that were left over by the uninstall. Reboot the computer again. NOW re download from Steam - DO NOT put any mods in this new install - NONE. Start the game using the Steam launcher the first time ( this is important for it to work right as it makes some changes that other launchers don't make. ) Make a save. Now wait until after you complete the Helgen tutorial before attempting to install any mods - Make a permanent save without mods after you exit the cave - NEVER overwrite this save, Now add your mods.

I have the box for my original copy of skyrim, nowhere on the package does it state that steam is requiresd, nor does it require you to install steam to play, I didn't even have steam on my pc when I played it. I got a steam account two years ago since it was much easier to keep up with new releases. Thats why I do not understand all this "Steam is Required for gameplay" talk. Ill even reinstall the old copy I have to prove a point, but the issue remains about the load order issuer in appdata. I dont believe it to be an issue because when I reinstalled skyrim off steam the mods I thought I had deleted returned, apparently they were saved to my cloud storage when I uninstalled it. And both versions run using seperate mods.

Upon checking there was only one entry for skyrim and that was the copy I installed without needing steam. However that raises the question of why the steam version runs different mods, such as the zombie mod with random zombies appearing and bites infecting you and eventually killing you. Not a great mod for casual players.

So only one appdata folder and two seperate instances of the game running without crashing. Im more confused now than I was, Like I said I just wanted to know how to get the old mods I loved to work on 1.9, they worked before I bought the dlc's off steam and whatnot. Is it possibly an issue with heathfire or one of the other dlc's? My best guess would be the HD texturepack mod overriding all the model and texture changes but Im out of practice with forcing my way through mod issues with skyrim before. Am I going to have to manually override texture and model files to get them working?

Why post in a help forum if you're so unwilling to accept people's help? The problem of not all mods working is most likely caused by your perplexing insistence on running two simultaneous copies of the game on one OS.

Being that I keep being told support is for the steam version only, regrettably I re-downloaded the steam version. The problems still persist and being that I was scolded for having a non steam version (In all seriousness it was a legitimate copy purchased at a gamestop which installed directly not requiring steam to play) and I also tried reinstalling me old version and the mods worked, with the exception of course for the mods that required the DLC's. This olden version as I stated before, this copy I purchased at walmart, did not need a steam account to play. So I fail to understand what the problem was with having a non-steam copy of the game.

But, after informing this post that I did have a copy of skyrim I purchased and downloaded from steam, I continued to receive flak. Not only has this proved extremely unhelpful (Being I still have issues with custom meshes and textures not working along with some script modifications not working and have received no advice on how to remedy this issue.) It appears that here, among others whom I share interests, I am still not welcome.

I will reiterate the issues thusly and I do hope that the Elitist banter ceases.

I am running what I assume is the most recent version of the game, and yes, even though the modifications work much better on a copy of the game I installed to not require steam, I have submitted and reinstalled the steam version, in all its glitch ridden half-cookedness. I am running several modifications to add custom player meshes and textures as well as a flora texture pack that I personally prefer. None of the meshes pr textures are working. even though it should have successfully update the required files. For example the more mature and realistic texture pack for both male and female is still the standard texture with the diapers. Yes I use mature, adult oriented mods. Caliente's Better Bodies with bodyslide is the exact modification in question.

Is it perhaps an issue with the latest patch version of the game or is it more steam related?

Also script modifications such as More and Faster Mining, and 10X enchantments fail to function.

I have gone through and completely removed all mods from the NMM database on my computer and deleted all residual files in my registry pertaining to skyrim before installing. I have a crisp clean install of both NMM and Skyrim at this point.

Indeed. I don't know what copy you have bought, or what someone has done with it before selling it to you, but Skyrim absolutely, 100%, does not work without steam, disc or not. If yours works without Steam, your copy isn't 100% legit and something has gone wonky with your purchase of the company you got it from. Perhaps that Gamestop owner was doing a bit of a scam. It's an issue because non-legit copies are not supported and no one will help with issues pertaining to them, hence why the topic keeps getting focused on. No matter how much you insist you have a copy that runs without Steam, it's just not possible unless it's not legit. Which may not be your fault if you had no idea.

We can focus on your copy that DOES run off Steam though, so lets start from the beginning there. First thing I would say is to remove ALL traces from your 'non-steam' version from your system before continuing, as having 2 copies installed is probably not helpful. From here, what we would need to see is your full load order so we can pinpoint what might be going wrong with your mods.

We are only talking about the PC version here as that is the ONLY version supported on the Nexus.

I have seen bogus copies being sold on line, at flea markets, and even retailers - these are not authorized by Bethesda and in reality are nothing but pirate copies burned on a DVD and put in a pretty box to fool the fools. The pirates pirate the box art as well as the CD art and the game. Then sell a US $60 game for $15 to $20 (without the fancy box just $5 to $10)

If you really think your no steam copy is legitimate, please contact Bethesda Softworks for a confirmation.

The REAL authorized by Bethesda box DVD version( in the US at least) does say on the box that steam is required - and yes, I did look. As soon as you try to run it, it wants to connect to Steam - if you do not have a steam account, it guides you through setting up a FREE steam account , then ( dumb thing to do) wants to download the entire game from Steam instead of installing from the DVD ( there is a simple and ligit way around this) then after the install - immediately applies ALL updates directly from Steam.

Here is the original announcement of the requirements from Bethesda when the game was first released.

http://www.gameshampoo.com/magazine/images/anchors/game_skyrim.jpg

Bethesda has announced the system requirements needed to play Elder Scrolls Skyrim on their Blog

Recommended Specs

• Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
  • Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
  • 4GB System RAM
  • 6GB free HDD space
  • DirectX 9.0c compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with 1GB of RAM (Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 or higher; ATI Radeon 4890 or higher).
  • DirectX compatible sound card
  • Internet access for Steam activation

• Minimum Specs

• Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
  • Processor: Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor
  • 2GB System RAM
  • 6GB free HDD Space
  • Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM
  • DirectX compatible sound card
  • Internet access for Steam activation
Pete Hines, VP of PR and Marketing at Bethesda, tweeted a clarification about min and recommended:
"The Min specs get you playing,. The recommended specs let you play on High, not on Ultra. You'll want beefier rig for that."

When I installed the original copy I had purchased from Walmart I did not have steam on my PC, It simply installed and I started playing. Beyond that, I have no looked into it any further.

Now the Legendary Edition I bought from gamestop may have been piggybacking off the residual files from the steam version I had downloaded. However I have not done any further research into the matter since it seems the steam copy is the only one supported.

I have redownloaded the copy I bought from steam, it is installed as well as a fresh download of NMM. I unfortunately had several mods that are no longer on the nexus or private so I am slightly disappointed there, But I tested vanilla and it runs as expected, re installed mods and of course, the meshes and textures are not working again.