No idea what to do, Mods not working at all with legendary edition.

EpsilionPrime

Being that I keep being told support is for the steam version only, regrettably I re-downloaded the steam version. The problems still persist and being that I was scolded for having a non steam version (In all seriousness it was a legitimate copy purchased at a gamestop which installed directly not requiring steam to play) and I also tried reinstalling me old version and the mods worked, with the exception of course for the mods that required the DLC's. This olden version as I stated before, this copy I purchased at walmart, did not need a steam account to play. So I fail to understand what the problem was with having a non-steam copy of the game.

But, after informing this post that I did have a copy of skyrim I purchased and downloaded from steam, I continued to receive flak. Not only has this proved extremely unhelpful (Being I still have issues with custom meshes and textures not working along with some script modifications not working and have received no advice on how to remedy this issue.) It appears that here, among others whom I share interests, I am still not welcome.

I will reiterate the issues thusly and I do hope that the Elitist banter ceases.

I am running what I assume is the most recent version of the game, and yes, even though the modifications work much better on a copy of the game I installed to not require steam, I have submitted and reinstalled the steam version, in all its glitch ridden half-cookedness. I am running several modifications to add custom player meshes and textures as well as a flora texture pack that I personally prefer. None of the meshes pr textures are working. even though it should have successfully update the required files. For example the more mature and realistic texture pack for both male and female is still the standard texture with the diapers. Yes I use mature, adult oriented mods. Caliente's Better Bodies with bodyslide is the exact modification in question.

Is it perhaps an issue with the latest patch version of the game or is it more steam related?

Also script modifications such as More and Faster Mining, and 10X enchantments fail to function.

I have gone through and completely removed all mods from the NMM database on my computer and deleted all residual files in my registry pertaining to skyrim before installing. I have a crisp clean install of both NMM and Skyrim at this point.

You have left out the most important point: Do you or do you not still have two simultaneous copies of the game currently installed?

Interestingly enough - the legitimate steam version works very well for literally millions of users. But because you insist on being different from everyone else it doesn't work for You? Obviously everybody else is doing it wrong. :rolleyes:

The local Wall Mart is the place I looked at an actual box copy - It did say steam and an Internet connection was required right on the box.

However there IS a bogus pirate version named WaLMaRT version - that has fooled many people. It actually has absolutely nothing to do with Wall Mart, and has been known to cause problems. If you have that one good luck with getting it removed. :pinch: And be sure to thank the pirates for screwing up your game.

2 copies - ONE registry both copies use the same registry information. Because that is the way the registry works. Some parts of your game get sent to one place - other parts to another place. Because you installed two copies of the same thing in different places and the registry can only handle one without getting confused. If this is your problem - uninstall BOTH. REBOOT ( This is VERY important) - run a registry cleaner to get rid of any left over registry entries - REBOOT again. Now use Steam to download & install - Yup it's going to take a while. The alternative is to live with what you have.

Why? Because the uninstall actually does not remove all of the registry files when it runs the uninstall - and the BOGUS (non steam) version uses different registry entries to get around the Steam requirement so the non steam registry entries are not removed and continue to cause problems. And, who knows what they name those registry entries that they put in. http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f351/charonn0/ohgeez-1.gif