Double Attack Bug with 1-Handed Weapons

Tregolani

Hey everyone (X-Post from STEP Forums),

I'm having a bit of a OP bug that I'm trying to diagnose - whenever I try to use a power attack with any bladed 1-handed weapon (sword, dagger, axe), I do a double attack. As in, my character starts the normal attack animation, then immediately jumps into the power attack animation. However, the attack sound plays for both, and enemies are actually hit twice due to the issue. 2-handed weapons (even fast ones like Immersive Weapons' quarterstaffs) and 1-handed maces do not display the same issues, and only attack once per power attack or normal attack.

I also have the issue where if I do a normal attack and then immediately strafe back and forth rapidly, I can "chain" attacks one after another without any clicks aside from the initial attack. It's almost as if it is trying to play the animation to its fullest, and the change of direction is causing it to reset and try to play the animation again.

I am using SPERG as my perk overhaul mod, and due to some perks I've taken, my "weaponspeedmult" value is 1.45. I have console'd the value (using forceAV) back to the base value of 1.0, and that seems to remove the issue for the 1-handed weapons, but obviously removes any benefit from having taken perks to increase my attack speed.

I've also tried uninstalling attack animation mods, re-run FNIS, and played around with animation mods, but it doesn't seem to be linked to animations, but rather to the attack speed value.

Is this just a weird limitation of the engine, or is there a way to fix this? Load order is in my signature.

Do you use the Female Animation Pack. There are issues, especially when you move FAP's attack animations to "female", and run FNIS with the Gender patch.

From the FNIS description:

Important Note: Some custom animations may cause strange effects when used with GENDER, especially most combat animations from the Female Animation Pack, but I can't exclude other animation files and replacers. This is caused by animation duration differences between vanilla and custom, resulting in animation events being triggered in the behaviors AFTER the end of a custom animation. Most (not all) effects disappear when you install the FAP animations as downloaded (combat animations NOT in female).

Fore - I do use the Gender Specific Animations, but I do not use the Female Animation Pack. I do create a /female folder in the file structure of any animation mod I want to work for females only, and move all wanted animations there. (aka, 360 Walk & Run, PCA, YY Mystic Knight, etc)

However, I have removed any and all weapon attack animations from my current load order (my ModWat.ch doesn't reflect that). I only use magic casting anims, idle anims, and walking/running/sprinting anims. I do use the sprinting anims from "New Animation for 1 Handed Weapon", but I did delete all weapon attack anims from the mod.

Load order is useless for replacer mods. Check what you really got in are Animations/female folder.

And as I said: FAP in female with gender is causing that issue for sure. I have tested that and found the reason. But I can't exclude similar problems for other animation replacers.

Best way is to move all attack animations out of "female", run FNIS again, and test.

What would be included as an "attack" animation? Just weapon attacks, or all attacks (magic included)? Would sheathing/unsheathing a weapon count as an "attack" animation?

• 2 years later...