SKSE Issue

tygerb71

Okay, I will try to be complete as I can. I have a completely clean install of Skyrim. (ie, I had reformatted the drive, reinstalled windows, updates completed) I installed Steam, installed skyrim and only skyrim. It works fine without issue. (Version 1.9.32) I installed SKSE version 1.7.1 (in both manners) - Using the zip file, I ran skyrim, from the console ran getSKSEversion and it showed the SKSE version I installed was running, but when I got to the game, though skse was running, my inventory screen was the vanilla skyrim version. So I removed the 1.7.1 install and used the installer for 1.7.1, tried again, same issue. Removed that and used an archived version (1.6.13), getSKSEversion showed the correct version running (1.6.13) ran skyrim, same issue. When I go to the Quest/Save screen it will even show the SKSE version that is running, but when I go to the inventory it's still running the vanilla inventory screen from skyrim. Is anyone else having this issue or know what I am doing wrong. Maybe I'm forgetting do do something, but I can't imagine what it would be. I've watched/rewatched the install videos on youtube, google, read the forums, I can't find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit - No other mods are installed. SKSE only.

Edited by tygerb71

[Login]
Error communicating with the server! Cannot reach the Nexus login server
Wait for the login attempt.
Checks for new mod versions.
Launch SKSE
Continue
Continue from your last saved game
Enter
Then it crases out.

I have windows 7 (X64)

Yes all windows filerwall settings are shut off.

Edited by Bakshara

SKSE has nothing to do with the Nexus server - different program, different site. SKSE does NOT try to access any site when it starts.

You need to start your own topic instead of piggybacking on somebody else's topic. I see 2 separate problems

1. Error communiicating with the sever! Cannot reach the Nexus login sever.

2. GAME crashing at start ( usually a missing master)

Closing this as hijacking a topic - start your own.