House recommendations?

ImWarpedd

Hello, I was wondering if nexus users could recommend me some different houses mod. I'd like them to be lore-friendly, and I'd also like if I have to actually do something in order to use and obtain the houses. I cannot stand mods that give you castles for literally no work. If they could be targeted towards a mage, warrior, hunter, or thief play style that'd be great. I'm working with vanilla houses right now, but I want something original but at the same time I don't want something totally over the top. List some friendly recommendations, and hell, maybe even other users who come across this thread might find what they themselves are looking for. Thanks for reading this thread and have a wonderful day.

I too don't like to be just given things by mods, I like to earn it. however in my house mods I always just give it to the player. I do this because these mods were made for my self and where did my character live before I got caught by the imperials? was I just homeless? no I lived in whatever house I have turned on before I was caught. that's my thought about that. I always found it odd that the player lived no wear before hand, no one new the player nor does the player even know where they are in the start of these types of games..

I too don't like to be just given things by mods, I like to earn it. however in my house mods I always just give it to the player. I do this because these mods were made for my self and where did my character live before I got caught by the imperials? was I just homeless? no I lived in whatever house I have turned on before I was caught. that's my thought about that. I always found it odd that the player lived no wear before hand, no one new the player nor does the player even know where they are in the start of these types of games..

I feel ya.

A good house mod is The Eagles Nest. You have to find the book, do a quest, and have to pay for extras such as a guard and clutter and stuff.

I also highly recommend checking out Elianora's houses,

My favorite house mod though, is Riverside Lodge, you don't really have to do anything to get it though (just pick a chest open), so it might not be what you're looking for.

I dont know if you will like it but here is my small simple safe house mod

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55450/?

Looks good, dude. =)

A little self-promotion: Though the player-home I made, Reachman's Respite, has no accessibility restrictions, it is deep in the Reach, near Old Hroldan, so you'd have to get past Forsworn, military patrols and beasts of the wilds to get there.

I designed it as a sanctuary for Reach-Native characters who would typically be rogues, nightblades or witches considering their culture and the marginalisation they face. A believer in the Old Ways or practitioner of Reach-Magic is likely to dabble in potion-craft as well, so the house is stocked with plenty of alchemical materials and reagents. And a shrine to the Old Gods...

I dont know if you will like it but here is my small simple safe house mod

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55450/?

Looks good, dude. =)

A little self-promotion: Though the player-home I made, Reachman's Respite, has no accessibility restrictions, it is deep in the Reach, near Old Hroldan, so you'd have to get past Forsworn, military patrols and beasts of the wilds to get there.

I designed it as a sanctuary for Reach-Native characters who would typically be rogues, nightblades or witches considering their culture and the marginalisation they face. A believer in the Old Ways or practitioner of Reach-Magic is likely to dabble in potion-craft as well, so the house is stocked with plenty of alchemical materials and reagents. And a shrine to the Old Gods...

Thats nice. I like idea with bed placed in basement. It reminds me Bruma from Oblivion. Those houses with basement under the ground level with bed it feels so cozy and warm :)

I'm currently working on a Hearthfire style build-your-own home. I should hopefully have it released by the end of next week. You need to pay 3500 gold for the land and you also need to pay for or find building supplies.

Let me give you a tip if you hate free homes if you still want to use them.

Go to a town, find a barrel and throw the house worth in it.

If the house was, let say, dragonborn themed, finish the main questline and pretend it was a gift. in my vampire play through, I use a free vampire house mod right next to the main vampire castle. When I joined I being using it. Let face it here, you will do much more than other vampires, better be treated as VIP early.