Dazip files not appearing

Legionaryprime

You'll have to provide a little more information.

Are you downloading manually, (as is actually required for some older DAO mods) or using NMM?

Where are you placing the downloads?

Where are you extracting them (if required)?

What browser are you using? (Some seem to think they know better and re-name downloads without asking.)

For example, I just downloaded "Your Personal Castle" as a test and it was placed in my "\Downloads" folder as "Your_Personal_Castle_v021-469.dazip" exactly as expected.

I downloaded them manually and then extracted them and made a folder in my downloads. I don't see a dazip file in them at all. Its not appearing like it should. I downloaded them before on my other computer and it showed up fine.

EDIT: Figured out the issue. Don't have winzip downloaded on my computer and I need a few of the files to appear as a zip fil eand not rar.

Edited by Legionaryprime

So I have been doing very well with the whole mods (not making them but adding them) however I have run into a little issue with peoples mods and there install instructions. For example this one that I want, the person says to download it and extract it, and place .dazip in DAupdater..okay I have done this before..thing is there is no .dazip. Am I missing something? Can someone help me out? Thanks.

here is said mod. http://www.nexusmods...&preview=&pUp=1 I have looked in my download folder and there is still no .dazip

I am not sure if your fix will work for me as I use 7zip.

All of the main files for that mod download as 'naked' dazips, and are not packaged in a container archive (rar, zip, 7zip...)

If what you are getting instead of the intended Wings of Velvet v 1 1a-712.dazip, Verdant Sonata v 1 1-712.dazip, etc., is something with a '.zip' extension, try renaming the file to use the correct '.dazip' nomenclature.

Caveat section: This is not something I've ever done personally, since I don't have any trouble with downloading things as they should. I have, however, seen the endless posts here on the Nexus by people whose browsers are apparently running amok and downloading everything as .zips, regardless of the actual file name; renaming the archive is the usual suggestion that is offered.

Other than that, I got nothing. :ermm:

MegaT- you would want to rename the file's extension.

for instance if the file is thismod.rar you would want to rename it to thismod.dazip and then try to use it in DAM.

You cant do this with a lot of file types, but .dazip files are basically just compressed archives, the same as .zip files, but with a different name to the extension.

You can even open a .dazip file by changing the extension to .zip :wink:

[edit] also check to see if the file is being renamed to something like thismod.dazip.zip if thats the case, then just delete the .zip from the name. [/edit]

Edited by WolfenWarden

• 2 years later...

@Stronglav; You have WHAT problem? MegaT had several, the basic one was not understanding mod packaging and filename extensions and how certain browsers (lookin' at you, Chrome and IE11) change the extension to what they think is the correct one.