Mouse movement casuses severe stuttering

zach610

I've recently installed and starting playing morrowind. The only mods I have installed are from the MGSO mod (Which includes MGE and a few others). I don't get any performance hits, meaning my fps is plenty high...but every time that I move the mouse from side to side, I get severe stuttering issues. I still have a high fps, which I limited to my refresh rate. I have a powerful computer with plenty of RAM...so it's not so much that I can't handle the game, but that there are some settings that must be making my mouse input stutter the game. I do have vsync on.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Edited by zach610

Thanks for the input guys. I tried tweaking the audio sliders and that wasn't the problem. I set my fps to 60 (my monitor refresh rate), and I made sure that vsync was turned on in MGE. None of that seemed to help...for some reason going into the nvidia control panel and forcing vsync on for Morrowind helped out a lot...which is weird, considering MGE had vsync still set to on.

I would say that this has cured about 70% of the mouse lag. The problem still exists, but it is much less noticeable. So I guess the problem comes down to any setting or option that behaves similar to vsync. Any ideas to other options that affect mouse input lag?

• 1 year later...

I have this same exact issue and this is the only thread I could find on the problem. I can run everything pretty great but for some reason when moving the mouse left to right or even up and down causes severe stuttering that is making it impossible to play. I will try enabling Vsync on my Nvidia control panel to reduce it but I would like a near 100% fix. I have tried messing with different options but it's something that pertains to the mouse movement and not the graphics options. I have a 770 withn 4GB of VRAM as well, along with an i5, and 8gb of RAM.