is my short 2 Cents about fNV dead money (just played it)

thunderlord2200

Personally, I loved DM. It actually added a really good challenge and a way to bring the player down from the 'super badass of the wastes' level to 'lowly survival horror protagonist'. Besides, it felt awesome to collect the pieces and craft a knife spear, because I wanted to conserve ammo. It felt even cooler to sneak around the ghosts instead of fighting them, because their Project Nevada punches were not something you'd want a front row seat for. It took away the empowerment fantasy and threw the player into an alien world, where everything wants them dead. And the story was awesome, with the intertwined stories behind the characters and the Madre itself and later between the DLCs. A lot of it can be missed on the first playthrough if you don't pay attention to the details.

I found three things frustrating though:

1. Exploding collar thing. Not only it is pretty hard to swallow even by Fallout standards, but it is mostly unnecessary. In every part save for the ending they could be easily avoided or destroyed and in the vault it was a 'find the safe spot minigame'.

2. A minor thing, but the sounds after the Gala Event gets triggered. Sounds a bit menacing at first, but gets old really fast.

3. Teasing with other DLCs. That is low. I understand Christine mentioning the Big MT and Ulysses and I'm okay with those, but mentioning the Divide in the ending slides and the 'get informed about more DLCs' challenge is unnaceptable.