How To Install Plugins/mods

Stampede

at the very top it says to back up my saves but does not say how or where to find these saved files... ive been looking in the data folder but i dont see anything that says saved files. can anyone post a full set of instructions of how to back up the saved files.

please and thankyou

Republik

Ah yes. Your save files should be located in your documents folder. For example, this is mine: C:\Documents and Settings\Stampede\My Documents\My Games\Oblivion

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't even hide my amazement that you don't know what a .rar file is. A simple google search is all you would need to find out.

.rar is a packaging extenstion. Like .zip. You can use winrar to open it.

I won't even hide my amazement that you don't know what a .rar file is. A simple google search is all you would need to find out.

.rar is a packaging extenstion. Like .zip. You can use winrar to open it.

Uh...what do i do with a .7z file?

OK for the Eshme's Bodies and Cloth V2 I apparently need to make a damn \Oblivion\ArchiveInvalidation.txt "where the Oblivion exe is" (by exe I'm @ss-uming he means the launcher?)

I extracted all files into the Data file as instructed, created a new text doc "where the launcher is" with \Oblivion\ArchiveInvalidation.txt on the first line then C&P'd the EshmeArchiveInvalidation.txt's lines under this. Upon start up, i went into downloads and nothing was there to activate for the game. I have no doubt i f@#^ed it all up. Enlighten this noOb please god wth must I do?

im sorry to bother everyone but i dont really understand all this computer stuff....no offense

im new to the whole elder scrolls and i have rarely installed mods and when i do, i have help with it.

i was hoping, if it would not be too much trouble, it i can get someones messenger so that someone can walk me step by step on how to install mods.

its only once

once somone tell me how to do it, i will get the hang of it.

i only need someone to show me it once.

thank you very much

-- nameless13

my aim is crazyasianguy04

my xfire is arcdelta13

any help will be appricated

hi i have installed the WinRAR file but i would like to now when im extracting my sword i click oblivion and then it comes up with this file named DXREDIST do i extract it to that file? if not can i have the folders name i should dump it into thanks :)

EDIT:oh and soz for making all those posts :( i was just getting impatient. i tried putting in the DXREDIST folder but it says something about it not being able to create it and then it says access denied and then it says no files to extract im confused plz help :wacko: i found out wat i had to do but now i have a real prob this sword ive uploaded onto the file. on the readme page it says the merchant to buy this sword is located in the market district infront of ethier the two statues and i have a prob.... hes not there any1 have any idea wat this might be?

Have some patience, for pity's sake. Sometimes it can take a few days to get a response. If you're so desperate, go and search for the information yourself, it's not hard. Resources such as Google can be a huge help. Either way, double posting is spam, so please avoid it. Thank you.

Part of the problem is probably the fact that your post is worded poorly. Not even I can make much sense of it. What are you trying to do? What does DXREDIST have to do with installing mods? Have you read the instructions at the start of this thread at all? Because it doesn't sound like you have to me.