How To Install Plugins/mods

Stampede

Ok, it's BOSS.

I was able to paste the contents of the masterlist.txt from GitHub into notepad++ and save it in UTF-8 format.

When I run BOSS it gives a ton of errors, a sample I pasted below. Does the Snapshot Build Version of LOOT 0.9.1-17 not work for Oblivion. I thought it was working but I'm no expert. I know the regular release of LOOT didn't work.

When I ask BOSS to update the masterlist I get this:

Masterlist Update
Error: Masterlist update failed.

Details: Cannot find online masterlist revision number.
Check the Troubleshooting section of the ReadMe for more information and possible solutions.

When do you need to,"save Mod ini files"? I've edited the existing Oblivion INI files before (just in regular notepad) but I haven't noticed any INI files for LAPF.

Here is a beginning sample of BOSS errors when run with the masterlist.txt from GitHub:

Masterlist Parsing Error: Expected a <(> at:

FILE("Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm") SET: OOO

Masterlist parsing aborted. Utility will end now.

Masterlist Parsing Error: Expected a <(> at:

FILE("Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm") SET: OOO

Masterlist parsing aborted. Utility will end now.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I normally download the latest masterlist from the BOSS Masterlist page when I notice an update has been released. There are instructions somewhere back in the mod comments on that page concerning how to get the masterlist updating to work automatically but I had no luck getting it to work myself. Manually updating the masterlst really isn't a big deal for me (a simple download to a folder, extract and then copy/paste ... took me as long to describe here as it takes to accomplish).

I can't tell you anything about LOOT. I use BOSS because BOSS was the tool to use before LOOT, and mhahn123 is maintaining it so it is again the tool to use for Oblivion in my opinion. I know I have seen enough LOOT users with problems that were resolved by switching to BOSS to keep me firmly in the BOSS camp.

I can't say much about your parsing errors either. Perhaps try asking in the BOSS Masterlist mod comments. Can't say if it is or isn't related to a "superpak" problem. I know I have seen it reported that often superpaks have edited ESPs that don't work properly. I couldn't say if that is the case here as you won't see me within a mile of a superpak download.

Probably the best place to get support for a superpak is where ever you downloaded it (I know ... good luck with that ... another reason to learn how to mod rather than look for some "easy" route).

In mulling this over a bit more I'd like to make one further suggestion. Start a new topic about the BOSS errors, including details on the superpak installation.

This is a general pinned topic and as such may not get many views from people who may have an answer. If you post a topic with a descriptive title you may get noticed by someone with some experience "superpaking".

All my BOSS errors were solved by re-installing it and using the included masterlist.txt although I think it even updated successfully this time too. Don't know why but that's good.

That's a good suggestion creating a descriptive titled topic on FCOM Superpack to narrow the field. Thank you

• 2 years later...

hello friendly forum users

i have trouble getting oblivion mods to work

i downloaded OBMM and Wyre Bash but i dont know how i get any mod into these two :D

for the beginning i downloaded the unofficial patch but i dont know what i should do with the files.

One user stated i could copy the zip file into the wyre bash installer folder and it would be recognised, well not on my pc :D

i really looking forward for your help

thank you