MGE XE v0.9.10 Issue

SeveredArms

I have installed Morrowind overhaul 3.0 on max settings; everything was working well for the few minutes I played with it. I wanted to update some of the mods that it came with so I got the latest Morrowind code patch and some new weapon textures.

I later found the latest MGE XE mod and downloaded and installed it manually (v0.9.10). After which, I realized that there was something very wrong with the shading only outside; interiors look great.

Issue expressed here:

pic1 (Issue)

pic2(Issue)

With the version that came with the MGSO 3.0 (v0.9.9) it looked, as far I could tell, great:

pic1 (Ok)

pic2 (Ok)

Now I would just stick with v0.9.9 but I realized that v0.9.10 had UI zoom. It was really getting hard to read all that dialogue on my 2560x1440 monitor. I tried bigger fonts but it would just cause issues with the topics section in dialogue menu but only when scrolling. As shown here:

pic1 (Issue)

I have tried:

1) Completely re-installing morrowind

2) Comparing the settings after installing MGSO with the setting after installing MGE XE 0.9.10 (all the same)

3) Tried turning off each shader setting; SSAO High, Bloom Fine, Depth of Field, Sunshafts, etc.

4) Turning off antialiasing (strangely, I get ~10FPS performance loss when turning it from 4x to off)

5) Running everything as Admin

I really don't know what the issue is. The UI scaling ability would be so useful to me right now. Does anyone have any ideas or UI alternatives?

System Info:

CPU:

Xeon E3-1230 V3

GPU:

Nvidia 660TI EVGA Superclocked 3GB

Windows 8.1 Pro

Edited by SeveredArms

• 1 month later...

MGSO 3.0 is really good to show what the old Morrowind can do, but as an overhaul its buggy and not up to date.

Best thing to do is abandon MGSO 3.0 and download all the mods you enjoy one by one and really take your time to customize the world as you want it to be :). The new MGE XE, MCP 2.2 and the other patches will give you a better and more solid experince as well :)