Alright so I'm just gonna start from the beginning...

Once upon a time, there was my computer. My computer played Skyrim very well, it played it so well that I've only managed to get 60hrs+ out of it. So recently, well actually a few months ago I took a break from Skyrim to check out the massive influx of new games that I had been buying during sales and from bundles and so on. Fast forward to about last month and I tried to play my Skyrim again. So here comes the list of errors I so randomly encountered after my extended absence from Skyrim:

Error #1: CharacterMakingExtender.esp

Screenshot: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/44231320590290856/7CA6BD1BC6442D70938CE573556CD8AE009EC7DD/

After that screenshot, I had a friend of mine who is way better than I am with load orders help me out and we fixed everything with my load order (to our knowledge) now I fixed the CharacterMakingExtender.esp by changing my load order in ModOrganizer. I was using Enhanced Character Edit and Character Making Extender at the same time however I disabled and uninstalled ECE and kept CME which solved this problem.

Now once I fixed this I assumed that my game was fixed however it was no where near fixed sadly :/ So I launch up Skyrim, load my save and I get CTD everytime I try to load it (7 to 8 times) so I decided to just make a new character for like the 6th time and start fresh. I was able to load straight into the character editor because I have the alternate start mod installed. Anyways I created my character to my liking and saved it, then I get a SkyUI error for SKSE not running apparently (I always launch SKSE from NMM). So I uninstall and re-install SKSE at least 5 times using the "new" installer which I later found out was bugged so on the 8th install attempt I installed manually and it fixed the SKSE problem sort of. Due to Windows randomly changing AUC permissions whenever it feels like giving a radnom update (Windows 8.1) I had to go in and set Steam, Skyrim, NMM, and SKSE to run as administrator in order to properly launch the game (before I did this I'd launch SKSE from Skyrim and it would say it wasn't running, so I'd launch from the actually SKSE shortcut using administrator mode and it would instantly CTD versus CTD'ing once I loaded my save, got an error etc..).

So during all of this I went in and cleaned all of my mods properly using NMM, ran BOSS instead of LOOT at least 12 times checking each mod that needed to be cleaned, fixing any errors etc... I even ran FNIS for users again just to be safe. Somewhere during all of this I launched Skyrim and encountered a new error for Dual Sheath Redux> i initially just disabled and uninstalled it due to my rising irritation with the game. I launched the game and got a CTD again after save load so I re-enabled the mod and it said to run SkyProc to get the Dual Sheath Redux Patch. I did this, installed the patch and still got CTD upon save load.

So around this time I realized that I had Skyrim going into two separate places on my drive, one was (M:\My Games\TheElderScrollsVSkyrim) and the other was (M:\My Games\SteamApps\common\Skyrim) so I deleted the random folder which was the (M:\My Games\TheElderScrollsVSkyrim) folder and then I fully deleted my Mod Organizer folder. I now have just ONE location for Skyrim and I only use NMM once again. So after all of this it starts working kinda, my loaded save causes a CTD so I decided to make ANOTHER new save game and it actually works for all of 10 seconds until I get an error for SkyUI using a wrong version. So after it CTD's, I disable and uninstall SkyUI, I go download the latest version for NMM and get an error for some leftover files, I manually delete those, install the latest SkyUI, re-install my SkyUI font mod and launch the game. Well now I just get CTD during save loading, I tried making another new save which I managed to fully crate a character and load in however no errors popper up after it let me look around for a few seconds and then it CTD'd again. Now my game just CTD's each time I do anything in it.

As you can probably tell I'm highly annoyed by this, I have all the DLC's, my SKSE and Skyrim are both on the latest versions available, I've cleaned all my mods, fixed every error from BOSS, and fixed my load order but nothing works.

I'll attach a copy of my Load Order, and a list of my mods down below for you to look at, that is if anybody is even able to fix this :/ Thanks for reading this, I seriously hope to get this fixed asap. Thanks!

BOSS RESULTS: http://gyazo.com/b2c4a59871feefb3e879a969f2a6dcad

If you need anything just ask me.

Edited by Guest

After reading this thread (http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/753253-only-you-can-prevent-forest-fires/) , I can see that we didn't really redo my load order correctly but I know the game isn't crashing from that because it's always been playable before all of these errors however we only moved a few plugins around based off of the recommendations that Mod Organizer gave me.

Edited by Guest

From personal experience Pinup Poser has caused many crashes for me. I usually install it only when I want to take a picture.

1 BOSS is outdated and I'd suggest using LOOT

2 Stable U Grids to Load is always a good mod to have and will help with CTDs

3 Make sure you rebash your bashed patch and check to make sure there are no red or orange mods. They should all be green. If not rearrange your esms till they are all green.

4 Ensure you've updated all your skyproc patches and fnis is updated. Also I am seeing FNIS Spells, but not the necessary file. Might help. Maybe I'm just missing it.

Bashed Patch, 0.esp=1
Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp=1

These need to be the last 2 mods loading..(in that order) Redux after Bash. all thos mods below these 2, are your 40 unrecognized (by BOSS) mods.

Download LOOT , its BOSS V3, will not have any UNrecognized, and will sort this according to the content of mods, rather then a static list (masterlist).

One thing I noticed is your load order is not correct, for instance, all followers should be loaded directly above the bashed patch file and any files that affect those followers should be loaded afetr the main ESP IE: marriable serana, you have the no hood option above the main ESP, it should be below it and also should be the very last Serana file loaded for her. Below I will post my mini guide for you and if you follow the information about wrye bash it should help you fix a LOT of problems you may be having now, but also fix a lot of proiblems you could have in the future :) One last thing, don't use BOSS, it is no longer being supported for any new mods whereas LOOT is, LOOT is it's replacement so you're much better off using LOOT

try this mini guide I have developed over time, works for a LOT of people and it's really easy :smile:

1) You need to run LOOT, Wrye Bash and TES5Edit, in that order

Loot is not 100% and if that is all you're using you're going to have many problems as you progress through your play through

1.5 ) with many mods loaded, you should be using 2 other programs ( Wrye Bash and TES5Edit ), when you run Wrye Bash if any checkmarks are not green, those mods are causing problems in your game, you make them turn green by dragging them up or down in your load order in wrye bash till they do turn green, ok that's one problem

2) with many mods loaded into your game you HAVE to have either a merged patch or bashed patch file, once again Wrye Bash is your friend because it will automatically make you a bashed patch file when it loads your mods. A bashed patch file makes all your weapon and armor and other mods play nice together, it also keeps track of leveled lists in the game and makes them work better together also. One other thing, make sure you enable ( check mark ) the bashed patch Wrye Bash makes, then right click it and choose rebuild patch as the one Wrye Bash makes is empty, which should always be last in your load order unless you're using an ENB or the Reproccer. DO NOT USE A MERGED PATCH AND A BASHED PATCH AT THE SAME TIME, ONE OR THE OTHER.

3) TES5EDIT is used to do 2 things,

(A) verify that your load order is not missing any files that your mods need and

(B) verify that no primary files are being loaded after secondary files. When you run TES5EDIT it will throw up an error box and the error will be displayed at the bottom of the right pane / panel. All you have to do is read what it says and it will tell you exactly how to fix the problem in Wrye Bash. Yes, you can open Wrye Bash while TES5EDIT is open so you don't even have to write down what the error is :smile:

Please remember that while LOOT is a great program it is NOT 100 %

- concerning what the red, orange, and green check marks mean

Red means a missing master file - basically a guaranteed CTD on startup. Orange means that some ESP has requested its master files in an order that is different to the the order that you currently have them in. Orange mods are arguably more dangerous, because you won't necessarily get an immediate CTD every time, so you may be lulled into a false sense of security, whereas in reality you have an unstable load order.

Clicking on the orange/red mods will show you what masters they have, and what order they want them in. From here on in, it becomes like a puzzle: you need to manually drag and drop the various masters in your load order until their order is harmonious ( IE:. you've managed to provide the desired order of master files for every single ESP in your list simultaneously ) and all of your oranges have disappeared. If it's not possible to eliminate all orange mods, you may need to ditch one or two mods/patches.

All the files in here are in my siggy, just run them in the order I have them listed

Let me know if you need any more help :smile:

Edited by gromulos