Introducing "The Shire" A Skyrim Mod

TheBawb

Decided to see what you guys would like most out of this mod, just to see where I should put the majority of my time  

122 members have voted

1. 1. What should the primary focus of this mod be?

• Detailed Landscapes, I want to run and skip among the daisies of the shire.
    • Immersive NPCs, I want the Halflings of the shire to have plenty of dialogue and backstories, maybe even a few quest aware followers.
    • A cozy player home, I want to be able to relax in a comfortable Halfling hole after a long day of adventures.
    • Detailed Landmarks, I want the Locations in the shire to look beautiful.
    • Plenty of books, who doesn't like a good story? I want the lore of the shire to be it's biggest focus.
    • Multiple Quests, just walking around is boring, I want to go on adventures!
    • Enemies, I don't want to sightsee, I just gotta kill something.
    • New meshes/Textures, the Shire is a completely different world, it should look different as well

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any update ?

Indeed there is! I was going to wait a few more days before announcing it, but the shire is now a hosted project on TESAlliance :dance: Those who wish to follow our progress more closely should meet us there, as we'll be updating our board a lot more than this thread. please pardon our mess, we're still setting things up, but should you like, you can check us out now http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/231-the-shire/

Cheers!

Any update ?

Indeed there is! I was going to wait a few more days before announcing it, but the shire is now a hosted project on TESAlliance :dance: Those who wish to follow our progress more closely should meet us there, as we'll be updating our board a lot more than this thread. please pardon our mess, we're still setting things up, but should you like, you can check us out now http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/231-the-shire/

Cheers!

Ok, Nice Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I was hoping to get to this earlier, but we will be unable to meet our beta release goals of late 2015. This is mostly due to a number of things, such as unforeseen setbacks, overly-optimistic deadlines, and the amount of added content since our initial planning. We will instead be shooting for alpha release sometime around April/May of 2016.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and have a merry Christmas,

TheBawb

I was hoping to get to this earlier, but we will be unable to meet our beta release goals of late 2015. This is mostly due to a number of things, such as unforeseen setbacks, overly-optimistic deadlines, and the amount of added content since our initial planning. We will instead be shooting for alpha release sometime around April/May of 2016.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and have a merry Christmas,

TheBawb

One should never rush perfection :)

• 3 months later...

Two major updates:

Firstly, the voice actors for the shire's main quest (both good and evil sided) and side quests (both good and evil sided) have been cast. An introduction to their talent can be view on our Tesa forum: http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/topic/7869-introduction-to-the-shire-vas/#comment-118528

Secondly, the open beta (which was set for April) is to be cancelled. We will be waiting until the mod's main and side quests are complete before releasing it, as opposed to uploading only a completed worldspace with dungeons, a player home, and some various other gems. This is to ensure you get the full experience. Apologies for the inconvenience, and as always, thanks for your patience.

Edited by TheBawb

• 2 months later...

Well, it's been forever since my last update but for future reference; if I'm not updating the thread it's likely because I'm too busy working on the actual content. http://tesalliance.org/forums/uploads/emoticons/default_aa_tongue.gif

But that may sound like a feeble excuse, so allow me to elaborate;

Over the last few months we've written and acted out 21 main quests, 60 side quests, and six additional quests (to be acted out shortly), as well as expansive generic and combat lines, all totaling over 4,500 lines of dialogue. Long gone are the days of the small project this once started out as. We've modeled each quest to be player driven, and ultimately change the ending of the story depending on what choices the player makes as he runs through them.

Obviously VA coordination and writing have been my main priority over these past few months, so I've shoved implementation and navmesh off onto the back burner. But with the writing complete, and VA work soon to follow I can once again return these parts.

Another milestone has been passed, and the winter release still looks plausible. But I couldn't have gotten here without the countless hours the VAs and writers spent on this project. I don't mean to brag, but I'd wager I've been given the unique opportunity to work with the most talented VA/writing crew out there. (okay, I lied. The bragging was fully intentional) But in all seriousness, It really has been pleasure working with them.

Don't know when I'll be able to update y'all next, but until then, may the hair on your toes never fall out. http://tesalliance.org/forums/uploads/emoticons/default_aa_salute.gif

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

все прекрасно сделано. большое спасибо за проделанную работу.но хотелось бы узнать будет ли русскоязычный перевод для игроков из России ???