[WIP] SOAKED : Full-fledged Watergun + Liquid Weapons

weijiesen

Hey all

your favorite modder here, back with another Nexus breakthrough!

This time I'm bringing to you all the revolutionary glory of a -true- liquid weaponry!

PICS OF STUFF!

http://t.imgbox.com/PB27wYyK.jpg

OK so down to brass tacks :

Naturally I've got the art side of things covered here, but not so much the mechanics.

I'd like all your input on the way the mod works.

First up is ammo. There's a number of ways this can work, but what I'd like to keep for most ammos is that WATER is the core ingredient (so yes, you'll be able to craft some ammos ect).

There will be some ammos, and some of them can be crafted, some purchased.

* Water (AMMO) - no damage, gets target dripping wet, just visual fun

* Alcohol (AMMO) - Fatigue dam, Perception Reduction, throw lighter at victim for super-hot, quick blue flame

* Acid (AMMO) - its acid, duh!

* Napalm (AMMO) - sticky, burny, volatile, splash damage + AOE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Boiling Water (WMK) - super-heated, steamy, dam over time, boils, ect

* Electrified Liquid (WMK) - zappy! stun chance + dam

* Irradiated Water(WMK) - causes small fungus to grow on victim, + dam over time

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can infer, there's a bit of mix-n-match one can do here by using WMK + AMMO:

Boiling, Electrified, Alcohol.

Electrified Acid.

Irradiated Napalm.

Or just use good ol' water + all WMKs for Boiling, Irradiated, Electrified water!

ect ect

SOOOOOOOOOO.....................

• How does the player collect/gather/find these ammos?
  • Where does the base ingredient water come from?
  • Other ingredients required to make the ammos?
  • How to craft WMK?
  • Where to get blueprint/instruction for WMK's?

One thought I had about one possible source of water as an ingredient is by having a simple Message offering 2 options.
1: Retrieve as just water
2: Retrieve as Ammo (lets you craft with it, but not drink it)

Example :
http://2.t.imgbox.com/9dESbAx6.jpg
Thoughts?

For all the things I *can* do with modding, "gameplay, balance, tweaks" ect certainly aren't amongst them.

As far as getting the ammo, you could craft different ingredients together at a workbench with bottled water and 'water tanks.'

For napalm, flamer fuel and water.

For electrical, energy cells and water.

Alcohol, empty water tank plus whisky vodka whatever.

Acid at a campfire with jalapeños! Or make another 'acid' item like muriatic.

Boiling, just boil it at a campfire.

A bottle of water being loaded into a tank means the gun doesn't have to burn a whole bottle in one shot. Yay! :D

I think this would be fun to play around with.

OMG YES I have been tracking the progress on this (aka I've been stalking the image share for media), I can't wait to get my grubby paws on the super soaker! Perfect for the desert heat :smile:

About the ingredients, maybe you could just craft the ammo with dirty/purified water and something like drained energy cells. And the location... I dunno, you could always just add a new dungeon to put it in, or maybe put it in a dead adventurer somewhere who died of a heatstroke :laugh:

Edited by Jokerine

WMK's are different from ammo, they are the Weapon Mod Kit.
So for example, a Battery, taped to the gun is what electrifies the ammo.

A coil of copper wire, around the water tank, is what boils the ammo.

In this way, having an unmodded gun, but using water as ammo, is harmless.

However, attaching WMK's to the gun, then using water as ammo, makes it pretty deadly!

One option I've thought of, is that every time you pick up either Unpurified, or Purified water, you automatically gain +80 units of 'water' ammo.

Optionally, I'd like to have Toilets and Sinks allow you to activate to add +50 units of 'water' ammo per activation.

Are extra "tanks" available for discovery/purchase? If not, that would balance out easily... but it could be tedious. Possibly allow extra tanks but make them weigh at least a kilo/2lbs apiece.

Puce Moose has a mod, Mantis Imperative, that introduces several new flavors of nuka cola throughout the wasteland. When you drink one, there is a small chance to discover a "winning wrapper". You then get sent to the Nuka Cola HQ to collect your prize from an area he built on to the original cell. It fits perfectly within the game. I was thinking that this could be an option for the watergun's WMKs w/ the Sunset Sass HQ - and the gun could take the place of PewPew in the vault (stick the laser pistol elsewhere).

As for refilling mechanics, it would be fun to add unique properties to the water/ammo depending on its source (by altering each activator's script). Corrosive sludge for toilets, bioluminescent yellow for urinals, +health for purified water (canceled out by addition of WMKs), and no effect for dirty water. The ammo formilst could then contain these varieties and you could switch on the fly if you wished. What you would need to decide would be whether the water sources directly filled the weapon clips/tanks or if there was a "middleman" involved - regular bottles that you then dumped into the weapon tank at some time.

May I suggest toxic sludge as an ammo too, like in Robocop near the end. It could have the sticky properties that napalm has and also AOE damage. Simple enough to find ammo, you could change the toxic barrels in the game into activators and fill tanks like that.

Molten metal might be fun too, and have particular effects against robots where fire would not. Could be harvested at the metal works, and created from scrap metal and other metallic objects. Wouldn't be too hard to script something like that similar to the Ammo Press in the Pitt.

One last suggestion would be liquid nitrogen/coolant, which would cause cold damage and fatigue over time. This could be harvested from air conditioners, broken refriderators and broken nuka cola/sarsaparilla machines.

With that in mind, you could have several different weapon types, one for each. It would add variety and more fun guns for us to collect.

Are extra "tanks" available for discovery/purchase? If not, that would balance out easily... but it could be tedious. Possibly allow extra tanks but make them weigh at least a kilo/2lbs apiece.

Puce Moose has a mod, Mantis Imperative, that introduces several new flavors of nuka cola throughout the wasteland. When you drink one, there is a small chance to discover a "winning wrapper". You then get sent to the Nuka Cola HQ to collect your prize from an area he built on to the original cell. It fits perfectly within the game. I was thinking that this could be an option for the watergun's WMKs w/ the Sunset Sass HQ - and the gun could take the place of PewPew in the vault (stick the laser pistol elsewhere).

As for refilling mechanics, it would be fun to add unique properties to the water/ammo depending on its source (by altering each activator's script). Corrosive sludge for toilets, bioluminescent yellow for urinals, +health for purified water (canceled out by addition of WMKs), and no effect for dirty water. The ammo formilst could then contain these varieties and you could switch on the fly if you wished. What you would need to decide would be whether the water sources directly filled the weapon clips/tanks or if there was a "middleman" involved - regular bottles that you then dumped into the weapon tank at some time.

Do you mean an extra tank you can strap to your gun for increase Max Ammo Capacity?

Not a bad idea, for the acquisition of the WMK's!

I think one such WMK (or the gun itself...) could be obtained from a new building entirely - Derelict Toy Factory.

The ''boss'' of the place is ''Crazed Hermit'' who modified (weaponized) the gun. He uses it against you. Beat him to obtain it.

Nice, but really I'm a firm believer in "K.I.S.S." - Keep It Simple Stupid

In fact, my intention is that both water, and dirty water, would count as just "water" (same with water from urinals ect).

I'd like to keep the micromanagement down to a minimum, also the in the case of water-vs-dirty water, when a WMK is applied the two are essentially weaponized the same way.

The biggest differences in Ammo and Effects are things like Flammable, Electrification, Irradiated, Boiling, ect

(these effects essentially would be the same on the Watergun whether it was loaded with, say, Blood, Urine, Dirty water, Pure water, Kool-aid, or paint.)

May I suggest toxic sludge as an ammo too, like in Robocop near the end. It could have the sticky properties that napalm has and also AOE damage. Simple enough to find ammo, you could change the toxic barrels in the game into activators and fill tanks like that.

Molten metal might be fun too, and have particular effects against robots where fire would not. Could be harvested at the metal works, and created from scrap metal and other metallic objects. Wouldn't be too hard to script something like that similar to the Ammo Press in the Pitt.

One last suggestion would be liquid nitrogen/coolant, which would cause cold damage and fatigue over time. This could be harvested from air conditioners, broken refriderators and broken nuka cola/sarsaparilla machines.

With that in mind, you could have several different weapon types, one for each. It would add variety and more fun guns for us to collect.

Yes, you may. Sounds neat.

What kind of effect would it have?

I remember Robocop for sure, that was like my fav part tbh.

Perhaps against robots, it has very little effect, against Giant Insects and other mutants, it does VERY LITTLE damage, against Ghouls and Feral ghouls, they actually gain a bit of Health-over-time (helps keep balance and tactics), BUT, against humans it causes great damage, and includes a LUCK check and SCIENCE check for a RND CHANCE to mutate the human into a Ghoul (think Jason Bright).

For example, for the "Irradiation" WMK, aside from growing fungus on the target, Dam-over-time, and Perception hit, there's also a LUCK check that adds the "Chance to flee", as well as a "Chance to mutate into random creature" if your LUCK is 9 or higher. Also, the "Chance to Mutate" is substantially increased if the Wacky Wasteland perk has been chosen.

Not a bad idea.

THe "Crit Kill" effect on the target (regardless of species) would be to essentially petrify them into a solid metal statue.

Although something like this would take me a few hours to make, so I'll put it further down on the ol' wish-list.

yah, i've considered some Cryo type effects, but these are the most complex, and would require roughly 2 days time.

"CRYO" would probably be a DLC for the mod.

Also. . . .

The mod will naturally contain more than just the "1handPistol" ;)

SNEAK-PEAK-LEAKZ!!!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/32C5E2o.png

The sludge could have a melting effect with some screaming. I like the instant ghoulification idea, that's sweet.

Run with it, sounds great.

RESULT :

http://static-2.nexusmods.com/15/mods/130/images/42666-3-1309575759.jpg