Thieves Guild's "Loud and Clear" quest won't finish anymore

Mi7Sama

Hey guys,

recently I've started playing the Thieve's Guild's quest line and somehow I got stuck on the quest "Loud and Clear", where I have to rob the Goldenglow Estate. Everything worked fine during the quest itself: I took the stuff from the safe, the golden bee statue from the second floor, burned 3 bee hives and finished all optional quests. After that I return to Brynjolf in the TG's headquarters and hand in the quest, but despite finishing the dialogue and receiving my reward of 700 gold coins (I'm lvl 40 already), the quest remains in my quest log and the dialogue with Brynjolf is stuck at the point where I can ask "What does Maven want from me?" Upon choosing that dialogue option once more, I receive the quest reward (700 gold coins) again. I can repeat this unlimited times.

Speaking to Mercer won't change anything either. Even after finishing everything at Goldenglow Estate, I don't have any dialogue options with him but asking about advice for the Goldenglow job.

Console commands like "resetAI", "completequest TG02" or "setstage TG03 1" won't help either. If I use any commands to advance in the TG quest line, Brynjolf still only has the "What does Maven want from me?" dialogue option.

I think it might be related to some mod, because I've never encountered this particular problem during my past playthroughs. However, I don't have any TG-related mods. I use "Interesting NPCs", but deactivating that mod didn't solve my problem.

Loading a previous safe results in the same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 years later...

Just fixed it. Instead of using the complete quest command, type in the following after talking to him once after golden glow (after receiving your first reward): setstage TG02 200 Instead of auto-completing the quest this set's it to the last stage which completes it (don't know why this works but the other doesn't, just roll with it). After that, type in: setstage TG03 10 This should start the next quest in the questline, "Dampening Spirits". The quest will not appear in your journal, nor do you get a marker pointing to it, but you can complete it. It needs you to talk to Maven Blackbriar.

Edited by TTK100