Trying to Get ENB to work

snelss0

I am trying to get my Viridian ENB to look just like this video:

Yet my sun doesn't ever do sunsprite effect or volumetric rays. It never goes through trees or clouds like you see on the videos for any enb period. I am wondering why? I would love to have this effect. Am I doing something wrong in the install of my enb?

Here is my process

1. Download various texture mods and install according to instruction, LOOT, Clean if needed, then Wrye Bash.

2. Download the latest enb files from enbdev.com

3. Extract and open the Wrapper version. Copy d3d9.dll and enbhost.exe to skyrim game folder.

4. Download Viridian ENB, activate mod in NMM.

5. Go to skyrim\data and open Viridian ENB folder, then install the enb.

Is there something I'm missing here?

Edited by snelss0

Why only d3d9.dll and enbhost.exe? In the copy of the ENB zip file that I have, the Wrapper folder contains about 16 files and 2 folders. I think you should copy all of those into your Skyrim game folder too. Then, install Viridian and let it overwrite whatever it wants to overwrite.

It's not your specs. A slow laptop might result in the game to chug slowly when ENB is installed, but it shouldn't result in entire effects being missing. It sounds to me like ENB isn't installed properly.

It could also be something else conflicting with ENB. The most likely candidate is antialiasing: ENB isn't compatible with MSAA antialiasing (a.k.a. 'real' antialiasing). So, you need to make sure that your skyrimprefs.ini has:

iWaterMultiSamples=0

iMultiSample=0

(But feel free to keep bFXAAEnabled=1)

You also need to make sure the settings for skyrim in your nvidia control panel don't force any antialiasing:

nvidia control panel>Manage 3D settings>Program Settings tab>Skyrim> and make sure that :

Antialiasing - mode = Application Controlled

Antialiasing - Transparency = off

Vertical Sync = use the 3d application setting

(that final one will make sure your driver doesn't try to force vsync, because vsync should be set in the ENB ini settings instead)

Finally, are you using any other Skyrim plugin/hack that uses a file such as d3d9.dll, such as the 3Dvision Helixmod, SweetFX, or post process injector?

1. As for my install, I have recently clean wiped my skyrim as well as a steam friend of mine. We have both installed the EnB in the same exact way with no other mods active. His has all features (including DoF, Sunsprite, Rays..) and mine does not. Only thing mine seems to have is color setting changes.

2. So my 3d settings for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (tesv.exe) are these:

Ambient Occlusion: Off

Anisotripic Filtering: Application-Controlled

Antialiasing FXAA: Not supported for this application [greyed out]

Antialiasing Gamma Correction: Use Global setting (on)

Antialiasing Mode: Application Controlled

Antialiasing Setting: Use Global Setting (application controlled)[greyed out]

Antialiasing Transparency: use Global Setting (off)

CUDA-GPUs: Use Global Setting (all)

Maximum pre-rendered frames: Use global setting (use the 3d application setting)

Multi-display/mixed-GPU Acceleration: Use global setting (Multiple display performance mode)

Power Management Mode: Use global setting (adaptive)

Shader Cache: Use Global setting (on)

Texture Filtering - Anisotropic sample option: Off

Texture Filtering - Negative LOD Bias: Allow

Texture Filtering - Quality: use global setting (quality)

Texture Filtering - Trilinear Optimization: Use Global setting (on)

Threaded Optimization: Use global setting (auto)

Triple Buffering: use global setting (off)

Vertical Sync: use global setting (use the 3d application setting)

Virtual reality pre-rendered frames: Use the 3d application setting

3. As for additional hacks, no. Just what the EnB would come with.