Invisible Map

v00dudaddy

Hello,

I have a strange problem where when I open up the world map or local map it does not show up. If I move my cursor around the screen I can mouse over points of interest and the names appear. I am also able to scroll the map by left clicking and moving the mouse. However, I can not see the maps. I can not think of any mod that I installed right before this problem started and I have since tried a number of different map mods but nothing seems to work. The game is pretty much unplayable to me without the maps so if anybody can help me I will be very grateful. I would even be happy to go back to the vanilla map. Thank you.

It sounds like they're missing from your textures folder, but then again the vanilla bsa should pick up where any overwrites left off. Bum install of some mod? Might be that some mod is looking for textures that were incorrectly placed, either by you or the original author of the mod. I would disable any and all map mods.

It sounds like they're missing from your textures folder, but then again the vanilla bsa should pick up where any overwrites left off. Bum install of some mod? Might be that some mod is looking for textures that were incorrectly placed, either by you or the original author of the mod. I would disable any and all map mods.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I tried disabling every single mod in the mod manager and the problem did not go away. Do you know of anything else that I can try? I would think that if I am missing a map texture or textures, then installing a mod that has custom textures would fix the issue. But none I have tried worked.

I can think of two separate causes of this problem. (1) When I play for a long time, or pause my game the maps have dissappeared before, but they would reappear when I saved,quit and restarted Oblivion.(2) A mod has caused a change to your configuration settings in Documents\My Games\Oblivion. The file is also called Oblivion. Make a copy and put it some place safe,then delete the original and restart your game to generate a new one. You will need to rest your screen resolution and some tweaks like border removal and allowing screenshots.Hopefully the maps will reappear. If nothing has changed then you can install the copy you made and look for bben46's guide to revert to vanilla-Article 240 on TESNexus.

I can think of two separate causes of this problem. (1) When I play for a long time, or pause my game the maps have dissappeared before, but they would reappear when I saved,quit and restarted Oblivion.(2) A mod has caused a change to your configuration settings in Documents\My Games\Oblivion. The file is also called Oblivion. Make a copy and put it some place safe,then delete the original and restart your game to generate a new one. You will need to rest your screen resolution and some tweaks like border removal and allowing screenshots.Hopefully the maps will reappear. If nothing has changed then you can install the copy you made and look for bben46's guide to revert to vanilla-Article 240 on TESNexus.

Thank you for this information! I will give it a try. It is amazing how through the modding community we have been able to keep this game viable for so long. I wish more developers would allow the gaming community the ability to extend the games' lives through mods.

OK I bit the bullet and did a complete reinstall of the game and all of my mods. Got everything working great and then made the mistake of installing BT Mod. Next thing I know, maps are invisible again. Does anybody know why this mod would screw up my maps or how I can possibly fix it? I tried the various versions of BT Mod but none fix my problem. I really like most of the features in BT Mod but that is definitely what is causing my map issues. Please tell me somebody has a fix that does not involve another full removal and reinstallation of everything.

Thank you

• 3 years later...

OK I bit the bullet and did a complete reinstall of the game and all of my mods. Got everything working great and then made the mistake of installing BT Mod. Next thing I know, maps are invisible again. Does anybody know why this mod would screw up my maps or how I can possibly fix it? I tried the various versions of BT Mod but none fix my problem. I really like most of the features in BT Mod but that is definitely what is causing my map issues. Please tell me somebody has a fix that does not involve another full removal and reinstallation of everything.

Thank you

Same Thing has Happened to Me Someone HELP!

• 5 years later...