The Currently Reading Thread .........

karkarinus

SIVA! by Leigh Tucker Richmond.

Edited March 3, 2020

What I found on the Internet is a 1977 publication of SIVA! and is a republished version of the copy of SIVA! both Walt and Leigh Richmond had published originally immediately after the Science Fiction, "The Lost Millenium by Walt Richmond in 1967". I found the earlier publication of the book SIVA! in a 2nd hand book store AND it was published while Walt Richmond was alive.

He and his wife Leigh had the first unedited version of SIVA! published nearly immediately after the previous science fiction story that was partially about SIVA!, "The Lost Millenium" published during 1967.

SIVA! clearly was published again, edited,by Leigh during 1977. She describes the past in pages saying she actually was an Anthropologist and describes Walt's title in RL work too. Then a following page appears where the story starts.

Chapter 1. Avalanche.

I found an earlier publication of SIVA! that was published after their original story, "The Lost Millennium" was published in 1967. In the book I have now Copyrighted by Concentric Foundations has it's published copyright as 1977 which is the year Walt Richmond died.

In the first chapter of the Concentric Foundations Inc Copyrights in 1977 the book seems the same as the original publication from the earlier publication of their book.

The earlier publication of their book also had introductions to what she and her husband's actual jobs were. The one big difference is that the first page with anything printed on it showed a hieroglyph from the real hieroglyphs that were found around 1928 during the uncovering of the pyramids including Cheops. Really!

The hieroglyphs they found and recorded were from back in the days when the archaeologists actually unearthed them in Egypt. The modern and first older publications of The Lost Millennium and SIVA! are very likely really theories on their own hypothesis of the events at the Egyptian pyramids were being uncovered from thousands of years of being buried in sand and hidden.

Most of the portions of the book may as well be considered the personal hypothesis of Walt and Leigh's theories which the two may have discussed as possible historical facts. Their theories describing what could have been what it was like in the past of our planet's history.

Edited March 3, 2020 10:18 PM MST

What a Surprise!

After reading about ten pages into the story I realized what was missing from the first publication of the book SIVA! I first read. It was; All of the technical information that would have given real examples of how an Engineer performs their line of work and a real anthropologist/archaeologist does too.

After a person reads the old publication they would have had been inspired by the real work that Leigh and Walt actually were skilled at and the newb could go to school with a bit of inspirartion from the book that stirred up their desire to learn r their choice of college courses.

Missing from the 1st published copy of SIVA! was, several notes about what an archaeologist studies to get to be one, e.g., Anthropology, Sociology, and others courses of study that would entail helping a fledgling of the sciences get an idea what college and university courses to take to become an Archaeologist. The way Walt Richmond and Leigh T. Richmond mixed real knowledge about what was their tasks to perform in their books offered (some maybe boring information which people who read it complained about) some inspiration to inspire future students.

The detailed information missing was showing what a person's real jobs work entailed. The two author's kinds of tasks from their education isn't in this 1977 publication. The details could have led a youth to understand what with a doctorate they could do in the fields of study which ARE NOT added to the details in the 1977 publication as they were in the 1st book titled SIVA!. So this NEW version of SIVA! is all about the Sci-Fi; I think; because Leigh T. Richmond appears to have realized that modern day readers are more interested in fiction, not methodical work descriptions facts, in some countries they no long want a lot of technical information in books even about scientific research.

Interesting enough it appears she trimmed all that kind of collegiate stuff giving the readers all the fiction adapted to inspire a student to study. Even Biology Too! It might be interesting to find out which of the two publication sold more.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was finally able to get a copy of the book "The American West (1994) (ISBN 0-02-517421-5)" by Dee Brown (author of "Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee"). So far I've read 'Acknowledgments', '(Table of) Contents' and 'Introduction'.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nov 2020 is shaping up as a Micheal Moorcock month for me. So far I've read the following, followed by completion dates:

The History of the Runestaff

- The Jewell in the Skull, fifth read, finished 02 Nov

- The Mad God's Amulet, fourth read, finished 03 Nov

- The Sword of the Dawn, fourth read, finished 07 Nov

- The Runestaff, fourth read, finished 08 Nov

The Chronicles of Castle Brass

- Count Brass, fourth read, finished 09 Nov

Short as each of Castle Brass' three volume are, none come close to 200 pages, I'll likely finish the series before Andrjez Sapkowski's The Tower of Fools arrives this Friday. Assuming I don't enter a reading slump.

As to Moorcock, his various Eternal Champion series and I go back a long way. They are among the earliest 'fantasy' novel I read after becoming hooked on the genre during the mid 1980s. At their best, they're fun, quick reads. Taken as a whole, the concept of the Eternal Champion, the Multiverse, The Conjunction of the Million Spheres and so on much to recommend. Individual books are less impressive, though some are quite good. Those who play Bethesda's Elder Scrolls titles know that Moorcock's writing influenced the games, they being popular with several of its creators.

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe I'm writing in the wrong place
But how, in principle, to contact someone from the authors of the modification?
I wrote a couple of messages it took i expected quite a long time but there were no answers
Although the authors of the online visit on this resource seem to be?