Adding Items to Levelled Lists/GRA

jtucker40

GunRunnerStoreTier5 requires that you be at least level 16 for the items to spawn (as specified in GunRunnerHQStoreGuns,) so that'd be one thing to make sure of.

Also, have saved the game with the mod loaded and then loaded that save, perchance? That would prevent the script from running, even in it's updated version.

Those are the only things I can think of.

Sure, it needs to be added to the NVDLC02PerkGruntWeapons form list in HonestHearts.esm. It can be done like this:

AddFormToFormList NVDLC02PerkGruntWeapons WeaponA

This will require you to use HonestHearts.esm as a master, though. I much prefer to use NVSE to build a reference to the form list without having it as a master:

int iModIndex
ref rGruntList

If IsModLoaded "HonestHearts.esm"
    Set iModIndex to GetModIndex "HonestHearts.esm"
    Set rGruntList to BuildRef iModIndex 63094
    AddFormToFormList rGruntList WeaponA
EndIf

This way you avoid an unnecessary requirement, allowing people to use the mod without DLC. :smile:

If you're interested, 63094 is the hexadecimal form ID of the Grunt form list converted to decimal so it can be used by the BuildRef function to construct a reference.

If you haven't scripted with NVSE before, you need to launch the GECK through the NVSE launcher. Instructions are on the NVSE home page.

Edited by Ladez

This is one of the most useful threads I've seen on here :)

I too had a bunch of questions about leveled lists and whatnot (in preparation for the liquid weapons mod) and you guys pretty much answered them all.

I checked the Nexus wiki first but to no avail : http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Category:Tutorials

Thanks everyone

Edited by weijiesen

It always perplexes me how, on the Skyrim side of things, people are so paranoid about scripting as to be practically delusional - but with Fallout, scripts are encouraged even where they really shouldn't be used.

AddItemToLeveledList is a function that just needs to die; it's primitive, can't be undone, and can cause issues if a user decides to uninstall the mod. Luth's plugin has far better tools for scripted level list management, but I simply prefer manual insertion + merge patch for far easier and more precise control.

I couldn't disagree more. If everything is handled by script you maximize compatibility and minimize user error in one swift stroke. This is how I believe it should be done, every time, and if everyone did so, the need for a merged patch would be far smaller.

You're right on account of the downsides of AddItemToLeveledList, though, and when I think about it I should have pointed this out when suggesting it. The Lutana function is much better in this regard, and I believe effort should be made to switch over to that instead.

Since mod-added forms/lists are cleared when the mod is unloaded, you can work around the AddItemToLeveledList permanence issue by never adding a vanilla form to a vanilla list.

If you want to add vanilla items to vanilla lists, create a new LL and add that instead. You can make the nested list 1 item 100% chance if need be.

• 3 years later...

Please note the date of the previous post, and see the Nexus "Terms of Service" about not resurrecting old threads. The primary reason is that the original thread participants are seldom still around after that amount of time.

The answer to your question is in the thread. Did you read it? You need to identify which leveled lists are being used by the NCR Troopers you want to use your items, and then add them to those lists. Different "groups" of troopers in different locations may use different lists. "Lists" are a category in the GECK. Find a likely list (or NPC under "Actors") and check the "Use" property.

Edit: I've added 'TIP: Adding Items to Actors (Leveled Lists)' to "Scripting" section of the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article. It goes into a bit more detail on how to identify leveled lists.

-Dubious-