NMM & Windows 10 Technical Preview

elmetnuter

Hello all!

I am running Windows 10 Tech Preview, and Nexus Mod Manager keeps crashing on launch. I've figured out my issue, so I figured I'd clue you guys in:

I needed to force NexusClient.exe to run in 32-bit mode.

To do this, I needed a command-line program called CorFlags.exe, which is included in the .NET 4.5 SDK. With Administrative privileges, run:

CorFlags.exe "C:\Program Files\Nexus Mod Manager\NexusClient.exe" /32Bit+

I will note that the stack in the exception thrown is similar, though slightly different, from the one in the first post. From the Event Log:

The issue in the first post was an exception thrown on ReadByte, whereas mine was thrown on ReadInt64. Same exception though, maybe it's the same issue?

Well, that did it. Pretty as you please, I have managed to boot NMM. Thank you.

For anyone who finds this thread and is half as retarded as I am, here is "Corflags" http://everything-virtual.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/corflags.exe. Not hosted by me, took me an hour to find.

Rock on.

• 1 month later...

CorFlags appears briefly on startup and nothing else is working for me. I guess I'm just stuck without NMM

Just tried corflags and it worked. This is a console application, so you should use it from command line or PowerShell.

1) Place corflags.exe (if you've downloaded it) to directory where NexusClient.exe is

2) Press windows button, then type in "cmd" (no quotes)

3) Open cmd application (i've opened it "as admin" by right clicking on the cmd app shortcut in search results)

4) In cmd type cd C:\Program Files\Nexus Mod Manager (you should change this path so it points to directory from step 1)

Press enter

5) Then again, type CorFlags NexusClient.exe /32Bit+ (press enter)

Here, I made this screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/YIjn33w.png

(sorry for russian interface and putin in the screenshot. I really should delete that news app)

Edited by Grafen

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For anyone working with the final release, I managed to get NMM working with a few compatibility changes.

1) Set the program compatibility to WIndows 7 (weird stuff happened when I tried Windows 8 ).

2) Set to run as administrator.

I'm not sure if running as administrator is necessary.

Edited by ViggyNash

I am running the Win 10 preview as well but Nexus seems to be working fine with me, the only issue I currently have is when i try to launch my game through skse with nexus. The game starts up like it is going to work and then poof.... Anyone else having these issues as well?

I'm on windows 10 and Nmm is working fine but when i try to log in it says either my firewall is blocking it or the servers are down which the servers are fine because i can log in to their website and my firewall is not blocking it. i even tried it with my firewall off.

Please Help!!!!