This save relies on content that is no longer present

shuurikan

I just encountered this error message and I know it usually happens if you uninstall a mod. But in my case I didn't uninstall anything. All I did was installing SKSE+SkyUI. After that I got ingame, changed my character via "showracemenu", saved and closed the game. Then I installed a mod that makes helmets invisible and I got this error message. I did not delete anything. I can only access to my save file, if I start Skyrim without SKSE. Any help would be appreciated since I really want to play Skyrim with SKSE+SkyUI. I'm using NMM btw.

Edited by shuurikan

The new mod might be conflicting with your other mods. This may occur when some data gets overwritten, replaced or deleted directly or through script of the new mod. You might want to check that. Papyrus log or mod list may help people in pin pointing the problem.

Here's a screenshot of the mods+plugins I have installed. About the order: "SkyJubs_Invisible_helmets" is the new mod I installed but I reinstalled SkyUI and SG Texture. http://imgur.com/HkYiM2Y.

Again, I didn't uninstall anything. All I did was install SkyUI, changed my character via showracemenu, closed the game, installed the Invisible Helmet mod and from there on I coudn't open my save file anymore.

Edited by shuurikan

• 1 month later...

Are you absolutely sure one of your previous mods didn't get unchecked from your mod list while you were installing your new mods?

Some people have to run SKSE as administrator, there was a conflict with one of the video driver updates recently if you also use ENB, and SKSE doesn't work for cracked versions of the game. Those are the only things I can think of right now that cause SKSE to fail or game to crash while loading.

Are you absolutely sure one of your previous mods didn't get unchecked from your mod list while you were installing your new mods?

Some people have to run SKSE as administrator, there was a conflict with one of the video driver updates recently if you also use ENB, and SKSE doesn't work for cracked versions of the game. Those are the only things I can think of right now that cause SKSE to fail or game to crash while loading.

I Found if I launch through Wrye Smash it's fine but through the SKSE launcher it's a nope.

Make sure that you are running the SKSE launcher as an administrator. Hover over that icon, right click, choose Properties, then check off Run As Administrator. Close.

Also, it could be that your save game got corrupted when you used the console. This problem isn't common, but it is one of the downsides of using the console. Go back to a save from before you changed your character's looks and see if that save will load.

In addition, save games can get corrupted if you look at them the wrong way. Again, go back to an earlier save and see if that one will load.

And finally, SKSE will not run with a cracked version of Skyrim. If you don't have Steam, you don't have a legal version.

Make sure that you are running the SKSE launcher as an administrator. Hover over that icon, right click, choose Properties, then check off Run As Administrator. Close.

Also, it could be that your save game got corrupted when you used the console. This problem isn't common, but it is one of the downsides of using the console. Go back to a save from before you changed your character's looks and see if that save will load.

In addition, save games can get corrupted if you look at them the wrong way. Again, go back to an earlier save and see if that one will load.

And finally, SKSE will not run with a cracked version of Skyrim. If you don't have Steam, you don't have a legal version.

Who are you replying too?