Overpowered Chain Lightning

Evilslay3r5

Change the effects of Lightning to that of Chain Lightning or make Chain Lightning instantly castable. No wait time.

I would appreciate it if someone would do this for me.

Added effects that would be nice would be a stun that mimics Crushing Prison as well as making the spell scale with spell power.

Note: I'm fully aware of the two mods on the nexus that edit the spell. I'm also aware that enemies would be able to cast this overpowered spell as well. I'm fully aware that this would imbalance things.

Thanks.

Ok tell me few things first.

Do you want me to increase the casting distance as well ? (vanilla being 3 which is real close)

Do you want to make it cheaper to cast ? (vanilla cost being 80 or so )

Do you want to make it scalable with your spell power (makes it real powerful ) or leave it as vanilla version ?(does not increase with spell power)

Do you want it to electrocute enemies for a while ?

Do you want it to bypass most of enemies resistances ?

Do you want it instant cast (as in no waiting time at all )

What cooling time do you want on your chain lightning ? (vanilla being 60 secs i think)

Just answer those and ill make if for ya ,ill upload it here .

Give me till tomorrow tho coz its late and im going to bed.

Ok tell me few things first.

Do you want me to increase the casting distance as well ? (vanilla being 3 which is real close)

Do you want to make it cheaper to cast ? (vanilla cost being 80 or so )

Do you want to make it scalable with your spell power (makes it real powerful ) or leave it as vanilla version ?(does not increase with spell power)

Do you want it to electrocute enemies for a while ?

Do you want it to bypass most of enemies resistances ?

Do you want it instant cast (as in no waiting time at all )

What cooling time do you want on your chain lightning ? (vanilla being 60 secs i think)

Just answer those and ill make if for ya ,ill upload it here .

Give me till tomorrow tho coz its late and im going to bed.

Thanks alot! I'll PM you.

Ok to make things easier for myself (i like to cheat lol ) this is the mod you need if you want your enemies to stand still for a sec or so when being electrocuted.

Saves me tons of time from using the tool set plus it works perfect .

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=166 (there is an option there "chain lightening electrifies enemies for a while" choose that one. (it does not conflict with what i made )

Now the rest was easy.....simply put them into your override folder.

Ok chain lightening now has zero waiting time to cast and cost about 50 instead of 80.

If one enemy resists the spell it will still bounce around hitting those that dont.

I increased the distance of casting to 13 which is really far so your tanks can maul the enemy and your mage can stand safely in the distance.

I altered the cooling time of it to 0 as well so not only its instant cast but it also has zero reload time.

In the override i included chain.datzip which scales with your spell power. Install that one through you normal daupdater.

The rest of the files go into your override folder.

I hope you have a winrar or winzip to unrar them coz Nexus does not allow non compressed files to be uploaded.

Have fun and i hope it all works for you.

• 8 years later...

This doesn't work. I'm using patch 1.04

Also that link

http://www.dragonage...file.php?id=166

is dead.

Nexus user protip: Older Nexus links for DAO mods were broken several years ago by site reorganisations and new URL conventions, but you can still easily find the mods, because the mod numbers didn't change.

The quickest way is to open a link to any DAO mod on the site, and replace the number at the end of the url with the corresponding number from the invalid link.

In this case,

" http://www.dragonage...file.php?id=166 "

becomes

" https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/166 ".

The mod you are looking for is Dragon Age Mutator.

Edited by theskymoves

Wow, thank you. That was fast.

It is really nice to see that people still participate in a community of fans of an old game (actually it's not even old enough to join the army).

Too often, I think people get a hard time for posting something in a thread that has not been posted in for a while, even when the post is relevant. They get accused of 'necro-ing' a thread just because it hasn't been posted in for a while. Example - Post 8 here: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=381645

I wonder if that sort of criticism would fly so well in a chess players forum.

I am delighted that this not the case at The Nexus Forums. You really helped me TheSkyMoves. Thank you. I will enjoy the game so much more now. Thanks again.