NMM / MO style texture manager

Nazgren

Hi,

While using SMC I had an idea for a program similar to NMM and MO. What the program would do is scan your texture folder and your BSA files for textures, and keep a list of them all, giving details such as there file size, resolution, what they are a texture for, what mod there for / from, weather its vanilla or has been replaced and what replaced it, etc. You could then download texture packs and load them into the program, and would be able to either have the program automatically compare them and pick textures according to your specifications, E.G. quality, resolution, file size, etc, manually pick textures, with a side by side comparison or both. You would be able to hide certain textures from the master list, likely textures that your are never likely to change, such as custom armour textures for ease of viewing. You could pick presets before you start the game each time, maybe having a colourful Skyrim and a grim and sombre Skyrim, depending on your mood. it could maybe also have an automatic variants style feature that would allow varying textures. It could tie in with SkyUI, showing a code when you select an object in the console, that would correspond with a code and texture in the program, so if there's that one texture that's bugging you, you could easily pinpoint it and replace it. It could also maybe give recommendations from existing texture packs on nexus for replacement textures.

I realise that this would be an undertaking of massive proportions, but it is something that I could see virtually everyone using, due to how much easier it would make managing and optimising your textures.