What happened to EWI?

BlackRoseOfThorns

Seems her account and all mods are gone. It's like it never existed. Usually modders just hide their mods page when they are unhappy with something. Or you can see mod being tagged by moderator as "under review", if there are certain circumstances. Does anyone know what actually happened? Did she had any private site with compilation of her work or did she decided to disapear from modding comunity?

Got this: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2218189-ewi65-formal-warning-issued/

Deleted their files shortly after, then posted the following on another mods comments:

@SkyrimTuner

ich wollte dich nur wissen lassen, daß ich modding für nexus beendet habe. all meine sachen habe ich gelöscht. ich hab die schnauze voll hier. ich mach meine eigene website. wenn es soweit ist, lasse ich es dich wissen.

beste grüße und danke für die zusammenarbeit. war mir eine große ehre mein freund.

ewi

To translate:

ewi65, on 24 Oct 2014 - 7:00 PM, said:

SkyrimTuner

I just wanted to let you know that I've finished modding for nexus. all my stuff I deleted. I have the snout full here. I make my own website. when the time comes, I'll let you know.

best greetings and thanks for the cooperation. was a great honor my friend.

ewi

Ewi was male btw (at least according to their profile).

So, he never really created any texture, at least not from scratch, and it was more like plagiarism than talent itself, basicaly !!!

• 1 month later...

So, he never really created any texture, at least not from scratch, and it was more like plagiarism than talent itself, basicaly !!!

well, to be fair, not many texture mods are made from 100% scratch. Many people use stock photography and/or stock textures from various websites, then modify to varying degrees. I would say that Cabal is one of the few modders who creates his stuff "from scratch" ... most others will use a base of some sort.