Dragonsreach CTD after loading.

Spitfirenom

Hi, after moving to my new desktop I loaded up a new game of Skyrim with a bunch of mods, CTD'D a couple of times during the first mission but its a Bethasda game...that happens.

I cannot skip the first quest mission (Talk to the Jarl of Whiterun) because everytime I enter the building, after loading the game immediatly CTDs.

This is my load order.

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

unofficalskyrimpatch.esp

dawnguard.esm

hearthfires.esm

dragonborn.esm

BBLuxerysuite.esm

ETaC-RESOURCES.esm

MFVM.esm

SummerWear.esm

Highres texture pack (01-04).esp

MFVM_heartfirepatch.esp

ehancedwetness andpuddles.esp

wetandcold.esp

repopulateskyrim.esp

SkyUI.esp

blackknight.esp

blackknghtset.esp

FlameAtronachArmor.esp

Knight of thorns armor.esp

Lady of Death.esp

Lichs Kings Armor.esp

R18pn - lingerieset esp

R18pn innerwear set.esp

remodeled armor.esp

sexybikinis.esp

tiwa44mindresses.esp

zzLSAR.esp

zzmaidoutfits.esp

deadlydragons.esp

BB luxerysuiteext.esp

BBLShousecarlsmove.esp

BBLSspouse.esp

BBLSVisitor.esp

BBLS-combined-BoM-HF-OS-DB+esp

Summerwear.esp

Immersive Orc Strongholds

Swwetandsexy lingerie.esp

immediatedragons.esp

immersiveFP.esp

rebirth monster.esp

ETaC-complete esp

ETaC-dragonbridge

Populated cities2.esp

dovahkiinrelax.esp

UFO-Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp

ds_zweihander.esp

ds_blackknigt halbered.esp

ds_greatlordgs.esp

PickDefault.Follower.Armor.esp

LetsBeFriends.esp

My system specs are.

GPU. GeForce GTX770
CPU. Intel ® Core i7-4790 CPU at 3.60GHz

Memory 16.00 GB RAM (15.95GB usable)

Driver Version 3.44.48

Operating System Windows 8.1

My laptop which is a 370 has never had this problem, Im not sure if its because of windows8 or a load order problem.

I also have a steam issue in which when I try to validate files, it always say that there is one missing and needs to be reaqquired (never does)

I have previously had Immersive Whiterun on but deactviated that.

I would be extremetly grateful if there was a solution to this, and if it was because of a idiot mistake on my part, then im glad it was on my part and not steam or my operating system.

you have multiple problems

1) you need the unofficial patches for all of your DLC's

2) you need a bashed or merged patch

3) SKYui should be the 2nd to last file loaded, the bashed or merged patch being the last one, below

try this mini guide I have developed over time, works for a LOT of people and it's really easy :smile:

1) You need to run LOOT, Wrye Bash and TES5Edit, in that order

Loot is not 100% and if that is all you're using you're going to have many problems as you progress through your play through, BOSS is no longer being supported and thus is out of date with newer mods.

1.5 ) with many mods loaded, you should be using 2 other programs ( Wrye Bash and TES5Edit ), when you run Wrye Bash if any checkmarks are not green, those mods are causing problems in your game, you make them turn green by dragging them up or down in your load order in wrye bash till they do turn green, ok that's one problem

2) with many mods loaded into your game you HAVE to have either a merged patch or bashed patch file, once again Wrye Bash is your friend because it will automatically make you a bashed patch file when it loads your mods. A bashed patch file makes all your weapon and armor and other mods play nice together, it also keeps track of leveled lists in the game and makes them work better together also. One other thing, make sure you enable ( check mark ) the bashed patch Wrye Bash makes, then right click it and choose rebuild patch as the one Wrye Bash makes is empty, which should always be last in your load order unless you're using an ENB or the Reproccer. DO NOT USE A MERGED PATCH AND A BASHED PATCH AT THE SAME TIME, ONE OR THE OTHER.

3) TES5EDIT is used to do 2 things,

(A) verify that your load order is not missing any files that your mods need and

(B) verify that no primary files are being loaded after secondary files. When you run TES5EDIT it will throw up an error box and the error will be displayed at the bottom of the right pane / panel. All you have to do is read what it says and it will tell you exactly how to fix the problem in Wrye Bash. Yes, you can open Wrye Bash while TES5EDIT is open so you don't even have to write down what the error is :smile:

Please remember that while LOOT is a great program it is NOT 100 %

- concerning what the red, orange, and green check marks mean

Red means a missing master file - basically a guaranteed CTD on startup. Orange means that some ESP has requested its master files in an order that is different to the the order that you currently have them in. Orange mods are arguably more dangerous, because you won't necessarily get an immediate CTD every time, so you may be lulled into a false sense of security, whereas in reality you have an unstable load order.

Clicking on the orange/red mods will show you what masters they have, and what order they want them in. From here on in, it becomes like a puzzle: you need to manually drag and drop the various masters in your load order until their order is harmonious ( IE:. you've managed to provide the desired order of master files for every single ESP in your list simultaneously ) and all of your oranges have disappeared. If it's not possible to eliminate all orange mods, you may need to ditch one or two mods/patches.

All the files in here are in my siggy, just run them in the order I have them listed

Let me know if you need any more help :smile:

On the Saves tab in Wrye bash....Red and Orange Saves are telling you you either, moved mods around , added mods, or removed mods, you can check each save for the answer. The Save should load, you may see the pop-up about" missing content" click OK and once the save loads >>>Save it, now the new Save should be "Purple" in Wrye Bash.

Purple = Perfect! Exactly synced with the current load order.

Blue = Good. Compatible with the current load order. However, the current load order includes some plugins that are not used by this save game.

Green = Good, but not in sync with the current load order. Use Load Masters to sync load order to this save.

Orange = Some plugins have changed order. the game and the Construction Set/Creation Kit will adjust for this when loaded. However, if some of the plugins that you depend made conflicting changes to the same item, a different plugin may now dominate because of the reordering.

Red = A master is missing. You should check to make sure that you have not inadvertently renamed or removed the plugin.

But in all cases the save should still load, then when you save over , it will turn purple . if you leave that save and make a new hard save the new will be in Sync the old will remain in its previous state.

The readme button in Wrye leads to the page that was taken from...

About the RED...every time you remove a mod from your load order, the SAVE will turn RED in Wrye, just load as normal to clean the save of the mod you are removing. once you save it will agree with the current load order and turn Purple.