Hunterborn $_DS_HB_*

Photogenesis

Hey all...just looking for some info on Hunterborn. When in game , looking at the menu I get these $_DS_HB and on the end it will be Page 0 - 6 or in game I get all the menu option like skin or butcher, etc. Can anyone help me with this? Did I load Hunterborn wrong?. Help please !

• 1 month later...

I am having this same problem. I placed the English translation text file (Hunterborn_ENGLISH) into the Skyrim/Data folder; then deleted it; then extracted all of the translation text files (CZECH, FRENCH, etc.) together into the data folder; and tried running the game at each of the three steps, and still saw the weird characters in the MCM.

Photogenesis, has this problem been resolved for you?

Edited by SaltKrakah

Actually, it just might, lol. I'm new to modding, and am gradually learning the procedures. Guides have been helpful, etc. I checked the readme file, looked for hours on the Internet, and nowhere did I see anything about "where to put the .txt file," or anything else that would help this particular little buglette. Must just be common knowledge.

EDIT: I tried it, but it didn't resolve the issue. I do still have all of the other language files in the /Data folder, though. I'll try removing those and seeing what happens ...

EDIT: I further tried disabling Hunterborn, then running the game from a different save and letting RND load up, then exiting the game, enabling HB and running LOOT, and then running the game from the same save file. When HB loaded up, it was still in the weird text. I have deleted all of the other language files and placed the English translation file in the interface folder, but ... man. It's such a small issue, but it's frustrating me all to hell, lol.

Edited by SaltKrakah

Hey all...just looking for some info on Hunterborn. When in game , looking at the menu I get these $_DS_HB and on the end it will be Page 0 - 6 or in game I get all the menu option like skin or butcher, etc. Can anyone help me with this? Did I load Hunterborn wrong?. Help please !

Finally found the fix! To think that so many hours were spent on such a face-palmy conundrum ...

Ensure these conditions are met, and you shouldn't have a problem anymore:

1. The /Skyrim/Data/Interface folder contains the vanilla .txt file, Translate_ENGLISH, just floating in there all by its onesy.

2. The SDI folder contains the Hunterborn Interface folder, and inside that folder is the logo image, Hunterborn.dds.

3. Lastly, the SDI folder contains the Hunterborn Translations folder, which contains all of the Hunterborn_ENGLISH / FRENCH / SPANISH / ... .txt files.

In all, S/D/I should have two folders with their respective contents (Hunterborn, Translations), and the single vanilla file.

Hope that helps! Ask me for clarification if it's needed. Happy dragon-slaying.