A lore freindly Batman mod?

VulcanApollo

How can a Giant Bat not exist? There are giant rats, giant spiders, trolls, even giant flies. Seems Skyrim's wild life have a gigantia gene. The suspension of disbelief need not apply. I got the mountable idea from the mountable mod, which allows you to mount just about anything. I think it would be cool to see different mounts. At some point in time, someone would attempt to tame or farm these animals. Imagine the silk you could produce from that giant spider? That's a fortune!

Batman can totally be lore friendly. I've read just about every Batman Elseworld title, many of them dealing with Batamn in a different time period, so you get the bare bones Batman story, but with a twist. I highly recommend the Batman vs Dracula Saga. As cheesy as it may sound, probably one of the best Bat stories.

And think about society in Skyrim for a bit. Who patrols many of the roads? Who do you run to when, while out picking flowers to make health potions, a troll jets from his cave to make bone meal out of you? Skyrim is highly dangerous, and I wonder what the world would be like if you didn't learn magic or to swing a sword from a young age. There are always gaps to fill in law enforcement.

A Batman Skyrim would probably be interested in stopping the skooma trade, inevitably angering drug dealers and bandits. Instant hit on his life.

Just about any and every hero can be written in Skyrim's universe.

ok let me put it this way.. whats more practical .. a good horse or a big bat... for once yes it had to be dragon size to be ridable .. witch is not really practical for a crime fighting stealth oriented guy.. (aka batman)

ok batman = bats.. but why a gigant ridable one?? why not a dwemer magic slider... with bat shape.. or a slider a la leonardo da vinci one.. that was used in AC .. thats more believable than gigant bats..

sounds to me he wants a ridable bat for a) fly .. or b) has to be a bat cuz is batman..

but of all a horse is a better choise cuz a) setting (is more proper to the skyrim medieval-viking theme) .. b) practical .. (horses are not that big and are commun and easy to get.. plus don't have to try make him cuz the are already in the game,) .. c) the ride don't make the man.. (you don't call Nolan's batman mini tank man do you??.. cuz the nolans batmovil is that a mini tank)

Dwemer technology I feel is starting to be a cop out. It's way to easy to simply make some seemingly futuristic item, and write it off as being mysteriously Dwemer. I can't see the harm in introducing a new species, how is a giant bat any less believable than a giant spider, or mammoth, which would suggest that similar prehistoric creatures populate Skyrim? A trip to the Natural History Museum would showcase even more bizarre creatures.

I pose these questions about a mountable Bat

1. It was mentioned a skeever texture could work, but I was actually thinking a wolf, leaning more towards the flying fox motif, make it a little more attractive than a squishy face.

2. Would it necessarily be hard to add new species? As mentioned before, could it just be a simple dragon reskin?

3. How would a giant bat, with all the wildlife we have seen so far, not be mildly lore friendly at the least

4. How is riding a horse more practical than flying?

heck, it could actually be a dragon if we wanted it to be. It could be a subclass of hairy dragons that live in caves and dense forests. I'm thinking it could be the size of a Bear or something and be rideable.

But regarding batman. Please note that a lot of Elseworld stories are bad because they are basically just, i want to tell a batman story but involve the american revolution for some reason. But look not at just how the police operate, but how society operates. Yeah the people in the city complain if their guards aren't doing enough to protect them, but i never hear people complain about too few guards on the roads because they primarily live autonomous lives without government regulations. want to open a brewery? sure, but you will have to compete with the black briar meedery and their theives guild. also, batman patrols a city and not a country side because it is also more functional to know which roads criminals will take. In the country side of Skyrim, i can go on for hours and not meet a single bandit.

Batman is a fun character, but you really need to try and understand if a masked hero, fighting in the night, is really something needed? Skyrim has always relied on sellswords to keep the piece. It's a huge economic market. heck, you, the player are a sellsword whenever you go after a bounty.

I guess you could have the guy be against the thief's guild and the Dark Brotherhood, but that's less batman and more the Question

First off ,the more Batman anywhere the better (games,movies,all media),I've actually posted suggestions Myself for Batman related mods big and small.Secondly, I never realized how many haters there are patroling this forum ,poking holes in mod suggestions that They have no interest in anyway (because lord knows if it ain't Anime or Star Trek/Wars,it doesn't deserve consideration,much less realization).That being said I do not agree with all the ideas ,but love the idea of the Batman in an Elder Scrolls game,whether it be just an Armor or a lore friendly (for both ES and Batman) translation.Long story short,thumbs up.

the thing about megafauna (big ass animals) is that the conditions have to be right for them to exist..

bats eat insects and fruit .. to grow a size that allow to ride needs big disposition of food.. witch do not exist in skyrim... mind you probably in the jungles of valenwood or elswer ... maybe the swamps of argonia ... gigant bats can exist.. but no in skyrim

ok my problem is the use of the words "lore friendly"... take that and you can have as much outlandish stuff as you want..

Id have to agree with goremuffin, both regarding the bat and the lore friendliness. You cant just throw batman in medieval gear and maybe involve vampires for it to be lore friendly.

If you have a show set in ireland and all the characters speak in irish accents, and then all of a sudden a swedish speaker comes in and everyone acts like their irish, the lore is broken.

Yes there can be a swedish person in this world, but not in the environment unless there is ample room to explain why