endless issues trying to get this game to play

Selwensenova

Hello everyone, I have spent over 70 hous\rs trying to confiugure this game to play it. I have spent over 24 hour reaing every single post there is in a attempt to learn how to resolve the many issues I have. I am not dumb, yet, I cannot get this game to run right with any of the "mods" its an endless list of problems, from cannot find files errors, to well.. you name it I got it.. From wyre bash to mod organizer, to loot to boss, to everything, all these sub program do is mess things up more and more.

My problem seem to begin when I try to follow the rule of removing my gam from pror\gram files (win 8) from there it becomes a nightmare. Now I have used the walk thru step by sdtep to set these mod configurations up... and every one of them seems to have 1 or 2 explanations that arent specific enough and that is where I get into trouble and things fall apart. I really like this game and want to be part of this community. but I cannot spent 100+ hours out of my life to get a damn game configured enough to play wihtout crashing or not even getting pass login scfreen.

I am here to ask for help.. but I am so confused, I dont even know what to ask help for, I am lost in the sauce at this point... PLaying the game with no mods is simply to vanilla and boring... I need help to configure my game with m ods to play, but I dont know how to effectively explain my issues in type to begin resolving the many issues.. I really want to join this community, but I cant get the game configured to run,

Is there anyone out there willing to walk thru my game construcion process step by step ?

I would be very grateful becuase I know what I am asking for... someone to spend hours of there time to fix what I cannot fix from a lack of understanding of mod based gaming...

Selwen

My problem begin with once I have the game installed I move it into a non program area, as instructed. This is where my first set of issues happen. none of the support mods can locate the game file such as Skyrim EXE.. and I cannot figure out where the EXE file is.. I know how dumb that sounds but when I look through the game I cannot find this file.. so now I have 4 or 5 of these modders taht cant work... they are NMM, MOD, Wyre, etc etc I cant even name all of them.. so at this pooint its a clusterf*#@..

. I have downloaded 50 mods that I want to use in the game.. they arent activated they are just DL'd I need someoen to teach me how to manage and fi nd game files and teacdh me how to connect these addon mod programs so that I can get to the point where I can start cleaning out the mods and running TES5edit, Loot wyre bash and all that good stuff..I am frustrated that 1000's of people can do these things and I cannot.

Im not the kidma slacker that doesnt do his own research and gets on here asking others to do there thinking for them... I spent way too many hours studying and researching to bed this confused...;. I have watched hours of video how to's read doe\zens of hours of walk thrus and it getting me more confused... where does someone go to learn h ow to do all this modding frfom start to finish

My problem begin with once I have the game installed I move it into a non program area, as instructed. This is where my first set of issues happen. none of the support mods can locate the game file such as Skyrim EXE.. and I cannot figure out where the EXE file is.. I know how dumb that sounds but when I look through the game I cannot find this file.. so now I have 4 or 5 of these modders taht cant work... they are NMM, MOD, Wyre, etc etc I cant even name all of them.. so at this pooint its a clusterf*#@..

. I have downloaded 50 mods that I want to use in the game.. they arent activated they are just DL'd I need someoen to teach me how to manage and fi nd game files and teacdh me how to connect these addon mod programs so that I can get to the point where I can start cleaning out the mods and running TES5edit, Loot wyre bash and all that good stuff..I am frustrated that 1000's of people can do these things and I cannot.

Im not the kidma slacker that doesnt do his own research and gets on here asking others to do there thinking for them... I spent way too many hours studying and researching to bed this confused...;. I have watched hours of video how to's read doe\zens of hours of walk thrus and it getting me more confused... where does someone go to learn h ow to do all this modding frfom start to finish

I'll tackle this, or try to anyway.

First off, when you move it to a different area (I'm curious to know who suggested that), I think you need to run the vanilla Skyrim launcher once to reset the proper locations. Also, that's typically installing to a different folder, as if you just drag a file after it's been installed, it can screw a lot of things up.

I myself run it from the Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\ folder and have not had any issues getting NMM, or mods I've downloaded to work properly. (I don't use MO) I also have UAC turned off, and run everything as Administrator.

So, here is the process I'm going to lay out. You can do this with one mod at a time (i recommend starting with one mod at a time, until you get used to the process, then you can do it for multiple mods.)

0) I hate to ask, but it's the most vital part: IS YOUR SKYRIM LEGAL (STEAM-CONNECTED)? IF NOT, THEN YOU SHOULD STOP HERE, AS THE NEXUS DOES NOT SUPPORT PIRATE INSTALLATIONS!

1) Delete that installation of Skyrim, and reinstall through Steam, install to the directory you want to (instead of Program Files if you choose).

2) Run the Vanilla Skyrim Launcher once, and start the game so it registers its locations, as well as any DLC you've purchased, then start a brand new save, and make your way through the tutorial, since it is highly scripted and it can break things on down the line. Once you've had the dragon fly over, when you've escaped from Helgen, and Hadvar/Ralof has you accompany them to Riverwood, then you're at a place where you can safely install mods without it screwing with the tutorial. (THIS IS YOUR CLEAN SAVE FOR MOD INSTALLATION!!!! DO NOT OVERWRITE IT IF YOU EVER WANT TO REMOVE MODS AND START OVER!)

2a) Install SKSE to the Skyrim directory (where you've installed skyrim, if it's not in its default location!)

3) Close Skyrim, and then start up Nexus Mod Manager.

4) If it doesn't detect Skyrim, choose to "re-scan" (the dropdown menu with the blue circle arrow) for your games, and if it doesn't find it, point it to the correct folder.

5) If you've already downloaded your mods, Click on the puzzle piece on the left-hand side of NMM, and navigate to where the mod file is downloaded. Open it from there, and NMM will import it in.

6) Double-click the mod with an "X" and have it install (if you need to, look at the mod's instructions for help in installation.)

- Once the mod is active, there will be a green checkmark.

7) Close NMM, and open up LOOT.

:cool: On LOOT, go to Edit > Settings..., and make sure that LOOT sees the directory you've installed Skyrim to. If it does, you can cancel out. If not,click "Edit Game" and type in the full path to where your Skyrim installation is. (For mine as an example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\). Then click Ok, and click Ok again. Now you're back to the LOOT main screen.

9) Click "Sort Plugins", and after it works ,it will pull up a window that asks you if the load order is correct. Go ahead and click Apply. Then it will display a report, showing how many active plugins you have, how many total plugins (I have 214 active, 216 total), and how many warnings. If you are going off a new install, you will probably have quite a few warnings.

10) Click on "Details", and make a note of what errors are found in the files. You can clean your Master files (not Skyrim.esm!) by using TES5Edit. This file should be installed into your Skyrim directory, but it doesn't have to be. (Mine isn't). You can clean dirty files by following this tutorial: http://www.creationkit.com/TES5Edit_Mod_Cleaning_Tutorial

11) You only need Wrye Bash if you have multiple plugins that edit the same leveled lists (if a mod requires it, it will usually say it needs to have a bashed patch made). If so, there are better tutorials than I can provide about making a bashed patch.

12) Once that's done, load NMM once more, and in the drop down, choose "Launch Skyrim" (if you do not use SKSE), or "Launch SKSE" (if you DO use SKSE).

13) After the Bethesda logo, if your Skyrim immediately CTD's (Call to Desktop/Crash to Desktop), you are missing a Master file. Open NMM, click the plugins tab, and click on the mod at the bottom of your load order, and see what Masters it requires. Then, see if you have those files listed. If not, then you'll need to download them (I recommend looking on the mod page itself, as it typically will tell you what files it requires, or when it prompts you that another file is needed for the mod to run properly), and install them.

14) If you've followed all these steps, congratulations, your Skyrim SHOULD be running now.

I hope this series of steps helps you out.