Beginners guide to modding

gromulos

I've never been able to wrap my head around Bash.

If you're not using Bash and it's bashed patch file then that's your first problem right there. You could use Mator Smash in it's place since it does the same thing.

I do have mods and dlc with deleted references and so on.

That right there is issue #2 that would and in your case, will cause these types of problems, CLEAN YOUR MODS WITH LOOT.

It sounds to me like the problems you are having is because of a very common problem. This is what I think has happened, please realize i am only guessing since i do not know for sure. I think at some point during the play through you are having all these problems you deleted a mod that you were using, or simply turned it off in NMM or Vortex. This is one of the most basic rules any person using mods should NEVER do.

That's all the insight i can give at this time with out you following my guide STEP BY STEP, if you need to contact me again please send me a PM as I want to keep this thread free of long chats, ty and GL.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man, I think I really messed up my Skyrim and have no clue how to fix it. It may be a simple problem or maybe a little more complicated. All I know it that I may have messed up the Load Order. If you could help me, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm even willing to pay if you see to it as needed.

Hey guys! I'm new in the modding community, so far I didn't any major issues, but I do have one little problem and I was hoping you guys would help me out.

So there's this new mod called Combat Gameplay Overhaul that has really smooth transitions from 1h weapons to 2h weapons and vice versa and it has a cool new dodge animation. The thing is it bugs me a little bit the constant roll so I wanted to replace that dodge roll with a step dodge mod like TK Dodge but I don't know how and everything I tried has failed. Do you guys know how I can pull this off?

Much appreciated

PS: I have the normal version of Skyrim and I've been using Mod Organizer 2

Hey guys! I'm new in the modding community, so far I didn't any major issues, but I do have one little problem and I was hoping you guys would help me out.

So there's this new mod called Combat Gameplay Overhaul that has really smooth transitions from 1h weapons to 2h weapons and vice versa and it has a cool new dodge animation. The thing is it bugs me a little bit the constant roll so I wanted to replace that dodge roll with a step dodge mod like TK Dodge but I don't know how and everything I tried has failed. Do you guys know how I can pull this off?

Much appreciated

PS: I have the normal version of Skyrim and I've been using Mod Organizer 2

what you are talking about doing is WAY beyond what a beginner would know how to do. It would require rebuilding the animation AND the mod also.

Edited by gromulos

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I've gotten all the files and ran everything, what do I do now. How can I get mods like skyUI into the game

This will work for both versions of skyrim

Edited by gromulos

• 4 months later...

Ok, I've gotten all the files and ran everything, what do I do now. How can I get mods like skyUI into the game

you'll need either add mods to your game manually (which i don't recommend for a beginner) or else use a mod manager (IE Nexus Mod Manager ,Wryebash, Vortex)

Thing with Wryebash that it's interface doesn't give you a way to add them via the menu you have to basically download the mod from a site then add them to a directory that was created by WB durning it's installation (EG x:\(where x is drive letter you installed Wryebash to - U:\steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimMods\Bash Installers (btw this is my setup it'll most likely vary for yours but the thing is the directory your looking for here is Bash Installers).

finally run WB when it finishes loading up click on the installers tab let it do it's thing after it finishes that you can then choose a mod to install, to do so right click the mod and choose Install .

you'll need either add mods to your game manually (which i don't recommend for a beginner) or else use a mod manager (IE Nexus Mod Manager ,Wryebash, Vortex)

Thing with Wryebash that it's interface doesn't give you a way to add them via the menu you have to basically download the mod from a site then add them to a directory that was created by WB durning it's installation (EG x:\(where x is drive letter you installed Wryebash to - U:\steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimMods\Bash Installers (btw this is my setup it'll most likely vary for yours but the thing is the directory your looking for here is Bash Installers).

finally run WB when it finishes loading up click on the installers tab let it do it's thing after it finishes that you can then choose a mod to install, to do so right click the mod and choose Install .

Please do not respond to any questions in MY thread. While your advice is correct. I the author, do not need any confusion in this thread and would greatly appreciate if any advice to my readers came from either me or DubiousIntent.

Thank you.

Edited by gromulos

• 1 month later...