Beginners guide to modding

gromulos

Hi everyone I have this problem I play Skyrim steam version and I downloaded the Marriable Serena mod with Vortex but when I start Skyrim it does not start if I delete the mod the game starts.How do I resolve this?

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Hey ther and thanks for the guide!

What im still wondering is.
Whatare the purple entries in wyrebash means?
sorry if it is already answeared in the other 31 pages but i didn't found it so far.

my problem is that not all of my mods are displayed in the MCM menu. With setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1, the missing entries are displayed with a little luck, but previously visible entries disappear...

Hey ther and thanks for the guide!

What im still wondering is.

Whatare the purple entries in wyrebash means?

sorry if it is already answeared in the other 31 pages but i didn't found it so far.

my problem is that not all of my mods are displayed in the MCM menu. With setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1, the missing entries are displayed with a little luck, but previously visible entries disappear...

I need a screen shot of those purple entries please. The ONLY thing that should be purple in WRYE should be your saves

And yes, after 8 years I am STILL maintaining this guide lol :tongue:

Edited by gromulos

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Seems like LOOT has been taken down from NexusMods. (LOOT - Load Order Optimisation Tool at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com) - says this mod was set to hidden as of May 2023)

It also seems like LOOT is still available on Github (LOOT: The Load Order Optimisation Tool). I'm brand new to all this and it seems like there's conflicting information - some say LOOT isn't needed as it built into Vortex now. Some say the opposite. I see this guide is still stickied, but doesn't seem followable at the moment. Is there new guidance on how to start?

*edit*

Sorry, I should have kept digging some more. It seems like LOOT is indeed still up on NexusMods (LOOT - Load Order Optimisation Tool at Modding Tools - Nexus Mods), just that the original Skyrim specific version was hidden in favor of the 'all games' version linked here (of the GitHub link is also current). I was going to just delete my post above, but may be helpful if others come here with the same question. But if someone can update the pinned post with the current links, then please delete this post to avoid confusion.)

Edited by jak3676

Seems like LOOT has been taken down from NexusMods. (LOOT - Load Order Optimisation Tool at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com) - says this mod was set to hidden as of May 2023)

It also seems like LOOT is still available on Github (LOOT: The Load Order Optimisation Tool). I'm brand new to all this and it seems like there's conflicting information - some say LOOT isn't needed as it built into Vortex now. Some say the opposite. I see this guide is still stickied, but doesn't seem followable at the moment. Is there new guidance on how to start?

*edit*

Sorry, I should have kept digging some more. It seems like LOOT is indeed still up on NexusMods (LOOT - Load Order Optimisation Tool at Modding Tools - Nexus Mods), just that the original Skyrim specific version was hidden in favor of the 'all games' version linked here (of the GitHub link is also current). I was going to just delete my post above, but may be helpful if others come here with the same question. But if someone can update the pinned post with the current links, then please delete this post to avoid confusion.)

Updated, ty :cool:

• 1 month later...

HUGE shoutout to Gabriel from Pizza Inn. First time I've meet someone under the age of 25 in the last few years who was respectful and polite.

Edited by gromulos