What I request is a mod to be able to lead your own faction in the Skyrim civil war, a Dragonborn cult faction. Perhaps you start off in some Nordic ruin or abandoned fort, but you start in a place similar to those. Your goal is to take all of Skyrim from both the Imperials AND the Stormcloaks, and control it for yourself. Quests involve those similar to those in the Vanilla Civil War (taking forts and stuff like that) but you also need to build your army. You can lead propaganda campaigns to rally citizens of Skyrim to the cause of the Dragonborn, or take towns by force and conscript their residents (providing more cowardly, weaker soldiers). But the main thing is that YOU govern your war. That means no reporting to some commander after every mission. Well, maybe you still report to a commander, but YOU are telling HIM what to do, not the other way around. You can take your chances and send your forces to their objective alone, or go with them to assure victory. Also instead of having fire catapults you have dragons. Duh. You can take out the Imperials first, then go against the Stormcloaks. Or you could ally yourself with one of the factions and take over the other one (basically you use one faction's territories and soldiers and you split power with their leader (or betray them) in the end). Or you could fight a war on two fronts, causing a chaotic trifecta-war (like in ESO :D).

Sorry if this seems super jumbled. TL;DR below.

-Command your own Dragonborn Cult faction in the Skyrim Civil War

-Select a starting fort or ruin (includes Helgen I suppose)

-Take Skyrim from the Imperials AND the Stormcloaks, or lose to either/both of them

-Recruit the citizens of Skyrim to your cause using propaganda and conscription

-Enlist the help of guilds, villages, and orc strongholds by appealing to their ideals in your propaganda (whether you end up fulfilling your promises is up to you)

-Equip your soldiers with armor and weapons of your choosing (hopefully supports modded sets)

-Command your armies without having to attend their battles

-Siege towns with friggin dragons on your side

-Fly Dragonborn cult banners over towns and control them with your soldiers

-Rule your new subjects with an Iron Fist or and Open Hand

-Sounds awesome, right?

Edited by Furi0usGeorgeX

This seems amazing, and I think that are some mods that partially address this, but none of them are fully satisfying. I like the Idea of having the guilds join in, preferably after reaching the commanding rank in each of them, and I wouldn't mind having to recruit each citizen individually or forging and enchanting the armour of each and every one of them if that would allow me to create my own faction. I don't really agree with either the weak-willed Emperials nor the extremist Stormcloaks.

Ah, but I must have failed to elaborate. I was trying to spew out the basics as fast as I could.

Basically you do different things to gain bonuses for your army. Holding forts on trade routes for example would boost the amount of revenue your controlled areas make, especially places like mines and lumber mills. Just as General Tullius and Ulfric Stormcloak have to come up with the means to support an army, so do you.

To equip an army, you need a budget. Basically you go to your quartermaster and give him what items you want equipped on your soldiers. The items' base buying price is the amount of money you need to construct and dispense said armor to your troops. Say you own The Rift and you get a revenue of 20k gold per day. You don't have too many troops, but they are skilled, and need good gear. You give your quarter master a set of dwarven armor and weapons. The price for each set is maybe 1k gold. Making armor and delivering it takes time, and that's time you have to raise enough revenue to make a certain amount of armor pieces a day. So a week would provide 140 sets of armor. This will be done automatically, meaning you won't have to find each individual soldier and equip them through a trade menu. Equipping your troops is one of the many things you will use your budget for. All revenue gained from controlled areas will not go to the player, but rather the faction itself.

To build your army, you need people. You can get these people the easy way by conscripting the people of towns you have taken. This provides more soldiers but weaker and more cowardly ones. Another way that uses money from your budget is a propaganda campaign. This provides less soldiers but they are stronger and have a lower chance of fleeing from the battle. To start a propaganda campaign, talk to your commander and tell him where to start the campaign. The area will immediately produce soldiers and more revenue. The only in-game evidence of this campaign would be a town crier telling about your faction's victories, strengths, and promises.

And finally, morale. Morale governs whether or not people will flee from battle or revolt against you. You can keep morale up by treating your subjects fairly and using the revenue gained from territories to improve the lives of your subjects. If you are trying to choose between equipping your entire army with ebony armor or supporting more trade for better food for your people, I'd recommend choosing the latter to show the people you care about them, not just the conquering of Skyrim. Of course you could be a totaly tyrant and extort the people in every way possible to make a grand army at the sacrifice of your subjects' happiness and loyalty. Perhaps this could be shown by increased assassination attempts.

It really seems like I've got this all planned out but honestly this is all off the top of my head. Should anyone choose to do this it would be entirely up to them to devise how to make it, but if you want I will work closely with you to produce one of the best mods ever :smile:

Edited by Furi0usGeorgeX

• 1 year later...